Chapter 63- Isabelle's Death

**PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS TAKES PLACE AFTER MAIA, CLARY, JORDAN AND JACE'S DEATHS**

{ISABELLE}

I feel a dull but obvious sharp pain in my heart, remembering my Emma. Today is not only the anniversary of her death, but Ethan's 16th birthday. I sigh at the thought of throwing a big party, having to ignore the fact that I lost my daughter to SIDS. Simon notices my sigh and takes my hand. I'm 34 fucking years old and he still looks 16. How has he handed me this long?

"I know. I miss her too," he sighs into my head, kissing my hair. I nod, noting that he has said nothing yet about the car I saw parked outside, which we had not discussed. "Ethan is going to love his present," he says confidently.

"Aren't you worried I'll kill you for buying our son a death contraption?" I half yell half whisper. Simons chuckles and shakes his head no.

"I'm sorry I didn't discuss this with you, Izzy. But I figured you'd say no. We cannot live in constant fear of losing another child. I refuse to live that way." With that, he walks quickly up the stairs to Ethan's room to wake him up for school.

I smile at my son as he kisses the top of my head. He has been officially taller then me since he was 12. He runs outside, showing Simon and I that this is clearly what he has wanted for a while. He gazes happily at the blue truck, clearly not noticing it's used. But hey, at least he has something.

One of the most frustrating things about try to live a normal life, is being married to Simon. I have to pretend he is my son. It kills me that he can't be like me and grow old.

I walk down the milk aisle at the store, when I think I see someone I recognize. "Excuse me, Ma'am?" I interrupt her mentally picking which cheese she should buy. "Do I know you?" The woman smiles brightly at me, but shakes her head no. She carries on, and I don't see her again.

Until I start walking out of the store. I notice the woman again, cringing at the sign displaying garlic on sale. "Such a repulsive lie," she murmurs to herself. She notices me, and flinches. "You're one of them. A ShadowHunter." She states this confidently, not questioning at all. I nod slowly, my hand at my belt in case I need my whip. "My name is Wilma. I believe we have met before?"

I remember, suddenly. Wilma. The one who brought Bennett back to life. {SEE CHAPTER 39 FOR A REMINDER}. She brought him back to us. She helped us when that man, Gavin or something, basically killed him. She was good to us, kind.

"I remember you," I finally said.

Wilma smiles at me "Yes, I saved your sister-in-law's child. You owe me something. Gavin is back and is pissed off. He was Turned, when I thought he was dead. He's will kill me unless I kill you. I have already done you good. This is my favor," and then, everything goes black.

{SIMON}

Isabelle had been missing for hours before Wilma showed up on my doorstep with Izzy's body in her arms and head in her lap. Wilma explained what had happened, and if I tried to hurt her she'd kill Ethan.

Now I'm at Isabelle Sophia Lightwood Lewis's funeral with her parents, Magnus, his kids, Clary's kids, Ethan, and Maia's kids. That's it.

Her death confuses me. Should I be happy, now that she's with Max, Jace, Alec, Clary, and Emma? Or should I be sad, that they couldn't be at her funeral? I don't know. All I know, is I have to figure out the easiest way to get to her.