Chapter 20

{CLARY}

When Magnus and Alec try to get in, Sebastian, now stronger, pushes them out. They fall to the road, and I cry out, yearning to help them. I turn my eyes away from the sight of Alec being mauled by a truck. It's okay, I tell myself. Magnus will heal him. Magnus will heal him.

Sebastian ticks at me. "They weren't much of a fight, now were they? So disappointing." That evil little man whore makes me sick. He's my brother. He shouldn't be doing this to me.

Sebastian climbs up to the passenger seat beside Maureen. "Now where, boss?" Sebastian taps his chin for a while. You're a bastard, I want to tell him, a sick little bastard. "I'll whip her a little more. I'll let you know when you can throw her by the institute." Sebastian walks over to me with a whip and a gun. He slashes my back, and I refuse to cry out in pain. I'm just so cold. Sebastian took off my jacket to be able to slash my back better. I'll have these scars for a long time. Eventually, I hear him load his gun. I wince at the sound, and let myself cry from the pain after he shoots my leg. Then my arm. Then my foot. He drops the gun and slashes my back again.

"Okay, Maureen. Drive back to the Institute. I'm bored with her."

They don't drop me off. Sebastian slashes me all the way back, and literally throws me out the van. I hit the curb, and near my rib crack. I'm still tied up its hard to breathe. The snow is melting on my body, I'm shivering and cold. No one has found me out here yet.

~~~

I've been laying out here, trying to get someone to notice me. It's probably been two hours. I know I've been unconscious for a while too. It's nearly daylight. Magnus is probably still in care of Alec, him having been run over by a semi truck.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It's probably been 7 hours by the time someone finally finds me. The face I see is a complete stranger. "Are you okay?" The mundane asks me. "Okay, I'm taking you to a hospital. What's your name?" But I can't make my lips form whatever the man asked me. He throws me over his shoulders and takes me somewhere.