Chapter 29- Zayn- A Piece Of The Night

Start from the beginning

He lifted the back off of the suit and picked it up. Zayn walked out of the small area of shattered glass, subconsciously rubbing the material between his fingers. It was soft, like silk, stretchy, like Under Armour, and tough like jean material. But it was stronger than that. Simon had told him and the boys that it was better than any military grade bullet proof vest. These suits could withstand an explosion like the RV-T could. Nothing could hurt Zayn while he was wearing it. He would be invincible.

Zayn stripped down to just his underwear, throwing self conscious looks to the elevator. He hoped the doors wouldn't slide open now. Anyone on the other side of it would find Zayn in the mostly destroyed training room and see the Bradford boy half naked. That would be... Embarrassing.

Zayn quickly shook out some fragments of glass from the suit before slipping it on. There were a pair of golden gloves that went with the suit, but Zayn stuffed them in the back pocket of his abandoned jeans before he went to the fallen weapons rack to grab his kusarigama and it's sheath and scabbard. He wrapped the scabbard over his shoulder and under his armpit. Then he put the blade into it's sheath and wrapped the chain around his waist and twisting the ball end around the chain to secure it.

Zayn went to his clothes and pulled it over his suit and weapons and checked himself in the mirror, hoping he didn't look... Bulky from it all. He twisted himself around to make sure there wasn't the suspicious shape of a sickle lashed across his back and was surprised to see there was no outline of it. He did look a little chunky around his hips though, but he hoped nobody would look close enough to notice. Zayn tugged at the end of his long sleeved, black shirt to cover up the bit of red and gold that was trying to peek out.

When he was satisfied with the look, he turned on his heels and made his way to the elevator. He stepped inside and his finger hovered over the buttons on the panel.

Should he ask one of the others for help with this? Should he stop on the hospital floor and tell him his plan? What if they said no? Zayn's lips pressed into a fine line and he pushed the button for his floor. No. No help tonight. He couldn't risk one of the boys running off and telling Simon.

Zayn hurried into his room when the doors opened and went straight to his laptop. He tried to ignore the burn marks on the wooden desk of his as he searched for what he was looking for. The burns had been from watching Mr. X's video, of course. There was still the faint smell of smoke in the room, but Zayn ignored that, too.

He opened one of the windows on his desktop and seen that his search had been complete. As soon as he had realized that the video was from Mr. X, Zayn sent out a code to track where the signal was coming in. In less than an hour, his computer had found it. Meaning: He had found Perrie and Eleanor.

Zayn's lips curled back into something between a sadistic and excited smile. The address wasn't far from HQ. About an hour away. His screen showed him Google Earth and it zoomed in on the area. It was pretty desolate. And in a wooded area. He couldn't see too well from the satellite images, but it looked huge and it seemed to be surrounded by a metal fence. It had to be pretty high security and the 21 year old knew it would be tough to get into, let alone get there.

Zayn memorized how to get there before slamming his laptop shut, grabbing a jacket, and hurrying to the elevator once again. Everyone was probably wondering where he was and he needed to get away now if he had any chance of saving the girls.

But first, he needed a mode of transportation.

* * *

The sleek black motorcycle snarled underneath Zayn as he zipped across the otherwise empty highway just outside of New York. He had stolen it from the RV-T knowing he couldn't drive the tank into Mr. X's place without being noticed. The thing was still in the airplane hangar and he knew nobody would be out to check on it for a while.