Chapter 18: Demon Commander

Start from the beginning

Siva was gambling on the latter. While he was able to kill all of these monsters if the Commander did indeed makes it appearance, it will also give him the chance to snatch an ambush when its guard is down.

If all goes according to the best scenario they had in mind, then they will get their hands on some monster resources while also obtaining a Black Ball.

Siva was willing to take the risk.

"The wind's picking up." Thorn's voice rang. "It's all going according to your predictions. The Plasma Smoke Screen is not going beyond the timberline because of the humidity in the forest. The wind above and the ones passing through the forest are also helping in dispersing our screen..."

The area scan on Siva's vision displayed the location where the fog was moving. It covered a distance of fifty meters and is still expanding as the bombs that Thorn and Volt planted on many locations were all timed to explode in an orderly fashion to make sure that a significant area of the forest will be covered.

Gradually, the screen had reached the location of Siva and the demons and at this point, Siva had to use all his might just to dodge every attack that the monsters are throwing at him.

Ten seconds felt triple of that time. He could feel his heartbeat rising in a critical rate, he was sweating, his pulse irregularly throbbing in his arms.

The three warships continued to pour in its aliens as the monsters went on to pursue their missing meal.

Siva looked up towards the northern horizon. Now, he could see the three warships from the distance and that was enough to make him throw the third of his three last Plasma Smoke Screen Grenades.

He activated the five seconds timer and then sped off towards the warships. The monsters still behind him, he let the fog of cold silvery white plasma screen follow him from behind.

"To use the same tactic as before..." Siva smiled bitterly as he focused his attention on the three warships as well as the monsters coming from behind. He had used this same tactic before, although indirectly, when he fought against Karim's ambush team back in Brighton Forest.

At that time, he relied to the monsters' numbers and aggressiveness to provide him an opening to take down all of his opponents.

Now, he was also using that opportunity to bring down a really strong opponent.

Commanders... they're really strong NPC bosses.

They are comparable to Fledgling Dragons in strength and all of the accounts of players who managed to fight one all had to spend an enormous amount of time and resources just to defeat one.

In fact, with Siva's past records and comparisons, to fight and actually defeat one with the way he is was really impossible. His only chance of winning against one would be to use this trick or else, he can't win.

As he neared the warships, the fog also began to spread a little more.

The grenade he left behind exploded and a new area with fog layers also spread wide in his location.

In front of him, he saw a group of alien hunters; two with three arms and then four with an appearance that resembled a humanoid mastiff. It had fangs of a sabretooth tiger, claws of a panther, and a lithe body that resembled the nimbleness of a cheetah.

As soon as Siva and the four of those alien hunters made eye contact, Siva felt that his sense of dread from these aliens was renewed again. He had to stop and change approach or else he would surely die.

ROAR!

Behind him, a roaring A-Rank 'Vajra' rushed forth and tumbled down the trees that stand in its way towards Siva. The trees crashed down, Siva dodged. It then followed and leaped with a gaping mouth that easily spanned five meters wide to devour Siva.