Colby Imagines 89 - Nice To Meet You for Sinatra

"Sinatra come say hi!" Your friend yells from the other room.

"To who?" You yell back from the bathroom, where you're getting ready to go out. You and your best friend have been living together for two years in L.A. Over the time together you've both made a lot of friends and one of those friends you were about to meet over FaceTime.

"It's Colby." She says, looking at you from her spot on her bed as you enter the room. You sit down beside her and take in the person in front of you. He looks a little bit younger than you, brown hair and clear blue eyes. He's laying on what looks like a couch, his hair falling into his eyes. He's cute.

"Hey Colby, I'm Sinatra." You introduce.

"She's my best friend ever." Y/f/n says.

"I thought I was your best friend." Colby frowns.

"I will always hold the title of y/f/n's best friend and you can't change that." You say proudly.

"I won't settle for 2nd. We'll see if I can't climb my way to the top." He replies.

"I'll push you off the ladder before you even get close." He laughs at this comment and you begin to feel more comfortable around this stranger.

"Nat do you need to go soon?" Your friend asks.

"Shit yeah, I'll talk to you later. Text me Colby! Bye you guys." You say, leaving the room. You call your uber, and it arrives in three minutes. Half way through the ride to the party you're going to, your phone buzzes in your pocket. You pull it out to see a text from an unidentified number.

(Unknown): hey :))

You: Is this who I think it is?

(Unknown): Its y/f/n's new best friend.

You: ha ha very funny. Good luck trying bud.

*contact name changed to: Colby*

Colby: where are you going anyways?

You: a party that my friends are hosting.

Colby: see, you have other friends, you can afford to lose one.

You: I will fight you for her.

Colby: square up. Come at me bro.

You turn off your phone as the car stops and pay the driver. The house is packed and after the uber has driven away you enter the house, looking for your friend Brennen Taylor. You spot him with his girlfriend Maggie in the center of the room like always. They always are the center of attention.

"BRENNEN!!" You shout, smiling as he looks over at you.

"SINATRA!!" He shouts back. You pull him into a hug and he gives you a good squeeze.

"Hi Mags." You say, flashing her a smile. She smiles back at you and waves. After you all catch up for about ten minutes you decide to text Colby back. You guys text for a bit before Brennen notices.

"Who you talking to?" He asks.

"This guy I met called Colby, you know him?"

"You don't? He's my best friend." Brennen tells you.

"It appears he's everyone's best friend." You note as Brennen grabs a blond boy walking by.

"Hey Sam, this is Sinatra. She met Colby today." He introduces you two.

"Oh yeah! Colby's my best friend." Sam says.

"Why am I not surprised." You joke. Sam, Brennen, and Maggie all follow you to a couch where you sit down and catch up.

"Tell Colby to come over." Brennen says.

"Yeah, I don't know why he isn't here." Sam adds. You shoot him a quick text inviting him over and wait for his reply.

Colby: Yeah sure I'll come. Be there in a couple minutes.

"He's on his way." You inform them.

"So Brennen you're like in a movie now. And Maggie aren't you going on tour?" You ask. They both nod.

"I'm happy for her, have you heard her song?" You have, it was okay for someone starting out in their music career. To be honest you weren't really following what Maggie was doing.

"How many people are here, Brennen?" You ask. He shrugs.

"I invited like 10 people and told them to bring friends. You know how the YouTube community is, everybody knows everybody." He explains. You nod and look at who you recognize. Plenty of people, in fact here comes a group of youtubers you recognize. David and Liza come walking towards you, followed by Zane, Scott, Todd, Heath, Gabbie, Dom, Alex and Jason. The whole crew. You've never officially met majority of these people but they're some of the most talked about Youtubers right now.

"Hey David!" Brennen yells, grabbing the brunet's attention. "This is Sinatra." David follows Brennen's hand pointing to you and nods, smiling. You wave and greet him and Liza. He has to shift his vlog camera to the other hand to shake yours.

"Hey I'm Sinatra." You introduce yourself to the rest of the group.

"Are you a youtuber?" Zane asks. You shake your head.

"You've got the face for it, you should try it out." He says, followed by a laugh. You smile a bit and laugh too. Sam looks behind you and raises his arm.

"Colby!!" He shouts. You turn around and see the guy you met earlier walking through the crowd, grinning and high-fiving people as he makes his way over.

"Hey! What's up Sinatra?" Colby asks as he comes closer.

"Nothing much, just upholding the 'best friend' title." You say.

"Good luck keeping that up." He replies. This gigantic group of people hangs out together for a while. You tend to gravitate towards Gabbie and Liza, with David tuning in and out of your conversations. Eventually, the groups go their separate ways and you and Colby find your way outside, where it's quieter.

"So I hear you moved into a mansion?" You say, acting more impressed than you actually are.

"Yeah, I've got a bunch of roommates. It's pretty sweet," He notes, "you should come over sometime." You nod.

"Let's go see a movie." You say after a minute of silence.

"What?"

"This party is boring. Cmon, there's some good stuff out right now." You repeat, standing up.

"Um, okay." Colby agrees, following you to your car. You guys drive to the nearest theatre and decide on a movie. By the end of the night, you're both laughing as if you're old friends.

"I'll see you later Colby." You smile, dropping him off at his car.

"Bye Sinatra." He says, leaving your vehicle and shutting the door. You pull away and drive back to your apartment.

"So how was it?" Your friend asks as you come back through the door.

"Amazing." You say, smiling to yourself as you go to your room to text Colby.

Long time no see guys. I have two important things to say.
1. I think most of you have been waiting for your imagines for so long that you've forgotten what you wanted haha or have stopped reading the book so I want to either just dedicate the imagine you wanted to you, which would use the y/n instead of your actual name but just say "dedicated to: blank" OR I can still use your name but I choose the topic. That way it'll be more creative for me to write. You guys decide which you would like better.
2. So my best friend and I want to start our YouTube channel soon! But we are lost as to what we want our first video to be. If any of you have any ideas of what you think we should do, please let me know in the comments.
Thanks so much for your support these past couple of years. I love you all to bits. x