Colby Imagine 36 - Your Mom Doesn't Like Him

"Are you sure she is gonna like me?" Colby asks nervously.

"Yes Colby, she is going to love you." you reply. I hope you think. Your mom usually didn't like the boys you chose to date. Today you and Colby were going to have dinner with your mom and dad. You weren't worried about you dad (you had made sure to let Colby know that) he was supportive of everything you did. You walk into the bathroom to get dressed (you had already done your makeup). You slip on your red dress. It was fitted but flowy and you could easily twirl in it. You knew your parents weren't fans of extremely short dresses so it went just above your knees. You grabbed your bag and took Colby's hand in yours as you left the house. On the ride to your parents house there wasn't much talking. You play music off of your phone and stare out the window, Colby's fingers still intertwined with yours. Raindrops start to fall against your window and you sigh, silently praying that all would go well. You pull up to your parent's driveway and you both ran into their house. Your mother and father came around the corner.

"Y/n! I'm so glad you're home!" you father says smiling as he huggs you tightly. He shakes Colby's hand and pats him on the back before stepping back.

"It's great to see you y/n" you mother says, kissing you on the cheek. Her eyes glance at Colby and she smiles. "This must be Colby, we've heard a lot about you." she says, looking at him as though he was a picture frame that was crooked and needed fixing. Colby shakes her hand and you follow them into the dining room. The entire dinner was pretty good. Colby and your father talked a lot and he was very interested in Colby and Sam's past. Your mother didn't say much except for commenting on how she likes men with real jobs. You knew the worst was yet to come.

"I'll take the dishes up." Colby offers.

"Oh no it's fine I can do it." You say. He refuses and grabs everyone's plate, carrying it into the kitchen.

"I do not like him." your mother says suddenly. You and your father look at her.

"He dresses too dark for my taste and honestly, he is just going to get you pregnant and leave." she says, wiping her hands with her napkin.

"Mom you don't even know him." You say defensively.

"I don't need to, to know that he is absolute trash."

"Mom!" you exclaim angrily.

"I don't want another teen mom. I was one and believe me it was a mistake." She shoots back.

"Oh so now I'm a mistake?!" You couldn't believe she was saying this to your face.

"I'm not saying that I'm saying you lived under my roof and I get to help decide things for you. And my decision is that I will not have my daughter dating some scumbag who will mistreat her."

"Well guess what, I don't live under your roof anymore. I live under Colby and I's. So I'll be the one making decisions for myself." You say standing up, and tossing your napkin on the table. Colby walks in to the dining room.

"Colby I'm sorry but you have to leave." your mother says, pointing to the door.

"No Colby don't go." You beg, holding back tears. How could this have possibly gone so wrong? Colby looks at you and your mother clears her throat loudly. He grabs his coat and walks out the door, into the rain that seems to have hardened.

"I cannot believe you just did that!" You yell.

"I did it for your own good y/n." Your mother says calmly.

"You have never supported anything that I have ever done have you? You never approve of anything. You think that you can boss me around for the rest of your life well guess what? I am my own person and I make my own decisions."

"You're going to regret this y/n. Don't come crawling back to me when he breaks your heart." your mother threatens. Your father looks between you two, staying silent.

"I wouldn't dream of it." you reply through gritted teeth. You walk to the door and slam it behind you, stepping out into the rain. Colby is standing by his car, drenched. You run to him and throw your arms around him. He wraps your legs around his waist and holds on to you tightly, burying his head in your neck.

"I'm sorry." he mumbles into your hair.

"It's not your fault. It's my moms, but that's her problem." you say kissing him. You can feel goosebumps arise on your skin and your clothes are absolutely soaked through. You wrap your legs even tighter around Colby's waist and giggle. You smile at how you and Colby must look. Completely drenched and madly in love. You wipe the hair plastered to Colby's forehead away and kiss his nose.

"I love you. I don't care what my mom says." you say, kissing all over his face.

"Broken boy meets broken girl, you said you tried it all before, and it only makes it worse, but this time, maybe this time...two wrongs make it right." Colby sings into your ear. Maybe he was right. A broken boy meets a broken girl and they realize they never knew they needed fixing.

THAT 5SOS REFERENCE THOUGH. Sounds Good Feels Good is so well....good! Thanks for reading I hope you guys enjoyed it as much as I did writing it! x