Chapter 28 History

"So like how was class?" Bri asked and I yawned, making her laugh. Classes were horrible. With all the training that was going on, studying has been hard but going well. I had implemented a time to study and train and they all had to work around the schedule. It was enough to drive Alex nuts but Bri kept him under control. But even with a schedule, it was killing me. 

"So how's you and Alex?" I smirked at her and laughed when her face turned red, earning myself a punch to the arm. "We're fine, nothing's official but all's good. How's you and Arden then?" She smirked and I felt my smile drop from the sound of his name. 

"Uh-oh, what's wrong?" She softly asked and I shook my head, managing a small smile. 

"Nothing. I really, really like him. But for some reason we're stuck in this friends yet more than friends thing. He hasn't brought anything up and I don't wanna sound desperate too. I once asked him, why he was so worried and he was so doubtful and mentioned that we were friends." I mumbled with my head on the cool metal table. "And think about the first time I met Penny and acted all jealous girlfriend-like, he didn't talk about it after and I'm too nervous to bring it up," I thought back to the previous training we did just over the weekend and my stomach tightened.

I groaned as I was hit by yet another brainwave. This was getting old and I glared at Penelope who was just grinning at me, prancing around on the field.

Yup, we're back in the hell called winter wonderland. Training, again. Alex and Soren now had to be around when I trained to control my hazes since I was constantly going into one of them. Arden, being the detector, would just sit on his armchair reading a book in the living room that is connected to the training ground by a portal, and so through this portal, he senses my haze and sics Alex on me from the comfort and warmth of the house.

Asshole. So much for avoiding him. We lived next to each other, we trained together as a group, we go to the same school for goodness sake.

"Calm down Laura, your pink haze is coming back." Arden warned and I growled at him but kept my emotions at bay. Apparently pink means that I was mad but not to the point where I would go crazy psycho bitch, which red would mean.

Concentrate Laura. Stop thinking of him. His grey eyes. His lips...

"I am calm." I gritted out, throwing a fireball at Penelope and all my thoughts about him out the window. Laughing as I watched her eyes widened and rolled out of the way. Yes, I can now produce fireballs, who's the boss huh?

"Oh shit." My eyes widened as I watch Penny grin evilly at me, the second the grin on her face emerged, my head felt like as though it was hit with a sack of rice and I fell to my knees again, breathing heavily. Damn her and her brainwaves. I didn't even get the chance to throw some hallucinations at her. But I guess that's why it's called training.

"Okay, okay, enough girls." Arden came up to us. He hated the cold more than I did. "We all have classes tomorrow and it's getting late, time to go back now." He muttered, a yawn escaping his lips and causing a chain of yawns down the line.

"Well, time for me to head home too. I've stayed here for far too long." Bri looked at her watch. I nodded and went over to give her and Soren a hug. "Thanks for doing this with me guys." I whispered and she held on tighter to me before letting go with a smile, leaving with Soren and Alex.

And then there were three.

"And that's my cue to leave." Penny sang and ran up the stairs. She had extreme speed, almost like Flash but the female version. Well, that leaves me and Arden. Again. Somehow this just keeps repeating itself. Muttering a few curse words at Penny, I stood up.