Chapter 16 Expelliarmus

Alex! I'm here!

Alex!

Please!

Please..

I was getting exhausted. I still couldn't get my hand to move and I was still in the darkness. Nothing was going the way I wanted it to.

"Arden, I can hear her! Laura, stay with me!" Alex cried out when his hands brushed mine and my thoughts screamed at him like a red flag.

"Oh god Alex! Something has taken over my body. It possessed Kara before entering my body. I've lost all my senses. I can't control anything!"

"Silence you halfbreed."

"Alex you need to hurry! He might shut down my other senses."

"Oh god.." Alex's eyes widened upon hearing the conversation

"What? What's going on? What did you hear? Alex!" Arden grinded in frustration, but as Alex explain, his face paled.

"You need to call Lewis. Now. Do that Arden."

"Laura, what you have with you is The Puppeteer. We can't do anything it's up to you to cast him out." Alex explained, this time it was my turn to pale even in spirit.

The manic laughter started again.

"They will never be able to cast me out. Haven't you heard the Immortals? They are useless against me. I am in charge now."

"You're not! I am still here and I will cast you out." I argued, but he was right, what do I have to cast him out?

"Alex is right. But you can always use a little help." A new voice interjects.

Lewis.

"Listen, Laura, try to shut him out. Even if it's for half a minute. I need you to do that." Lewis instructed, through the screen I could see that he was drawing a salt circle around Laura, complete with fanciful inscriptions that I can't read.

"What is he doing? Foolish Immortals."

"No, you are the foolish one. I am after all the original host of this body. And I want some answers. What do you want with me? How do you know about the wanderer?"

"Now all I have to do is keep him distracted.." I thought to myself.

"Let's see, you're a halfbreed. It's rare to see one much less get to possess one. Now is my chance to shine." His voice turned gleeful and the laughter began again.

My eyes narrowed at his words. Discreetly I tried to send my thoughts to Alex, telling him to keep track of the conversation. He might have some answers. It's like inception, thoughts within thoughts and my brain was hurting from all the power struggle.

"Tell me more."

"Well, halfbreeds are kind of illegal as fraternizing with a mortal means exile for an Immortal. But having a mortal body and Immortal powers, you halfbreeds are like a walking lighthouse. You shine and demons will gather. We use your powers and take over your body until you are not usable we drive you mad and kill you. You're pretty strong for a half-breed too I must admit."

As he spoke, it was blatantly obvious that he was first-timer at possession. His hold over me gradually loosened and I was taking over what he lost. My eyes shifted to look at the screen, they were setting up complex netting over Kara right now, the salt circle already in place. Lewis nodded to me. But I needed more time, I wanted to find out more.

"Then why me? Aren't there others? Why did you call me the Chosen One before you possessed me?" 

"Oh, my darling. You are more Immortal than mortal. Your Immortal father gave you something more than just your powers and protection over yourself and your mum. You were born with something more than just that. You are the key to destruction, the ultimate source to the total annihilation of mortals and the uprising of demons." He finished with an evil sneer, his laughter now louder, he was practically cackling at his own words. My hands went up to cover my ears again. 

"Laura! You need to do it now!" Lewis shouted, from the screen, Alex held up a bloodied hand. But none of them was bleeding. 

"Yes... It's near. I can feel it. The convulsions always happen before I take over." It spoke again.

"Not this time," I shouted and imagined the being as an object near the cliff. I kept pushing as it squirmed. The nearer the being was to the edge, the more control I had over my own body. My senses returned as I tried to twitch my fingers. Alex cheered as I gave his hand a light squeeze.

"Wha- What are you doing? I'm in control here. You can't do this!" It screamed as I envisioned it falling off the cliff. As I felt it exit my body, it's scream turned screechy and pulled as though it entered a vacuum. 

With every ounce of strength, I had left, I pushed it off the cliff. It's scream as it fell. But from where I stood, I could still hear it screeching as I felt it exit my body, no longer fighting with another entity, my eyes burst open and I screamed.