Chapter 19 Old Friend

"Hi! Welcome to Level One, what can I get you?" I greeted cheerfully. Today was a normal day. Today was a normal day. Today was a normal..

Who am I kidding?

Normal doesn't cover it when you have a group of superstar looking men and a woman sitting in the corner of the cafe. Together, they practically exude their own light.

Patrons of the cafe openly stared at them and immediately started whispering. It doesn't help that Alex and Arden command that kind of power being the Castels. I rolled my eyes internally while waiting to take the orders from a couple of fuzzy maracas, also known as girls dressed in fur accessories who giggle so much they're like a couple of vibrating atoms.

I love my job.

"So.. Laura, I didn't know that you hired bodyguards." Marco mused and I cringed at his teasing tone.

"I'm so sorry, I'll get rid of them," I promised him but he waved me off with a smile.

"Nah it's fine. They are good for publicity's sake. Look at the turn out rate. Given that they are here to gawk at them but they do pay for the food." He raised a hand to the crowd and chuckled when one of the patrons went up to Alex for a picture which incited a session of photo-taking.

"You never told Lynn or I you had such good friends, good looking at that. But we are really happy to see this." He smiled at me and squeezed my shoulder gently before turning back into the kitchen.

"Guys you need to go alright. I'll be fine." I sighed while wiping their tables and refilling their water once the meet and greet was over.

It wasn't just a day's thing, they've been here all week. Seeing as I worked after school, they would already be here. Once we got home, training begins. I was going crazy seeing them every waking hour. few

"We can't, remember rule number one?" Alex pipped up. I clicked my tongue, my level of annoyance was rising and it wasn't going to be pretty if they didn't leave.

"You guys come back when I end work alright? Just give me a sense of normalcy. I don't want to be watched twenty-four-seven. And still seeing the brothers after work, I need some alone time." I pleaded. I turned to Bri and cast the best puppy dog eyes I could. 

"Oh alright alright. You be careful alright. You will stay here till closing and we'll pick you up." She instructed firmly and pulled me into a hug.

Over the week, Bri has blossomed. The confidence she always had inside is finally being displayed in her dressing and behaviour. If I had asked her to wear a dress with heels and go shopping, she would have checked me for a fever. Pride made my heart swell. Shooting a sly grin at me she turned to the unsuspecting trio.

"Boys, we're going shopping." Bri stood up and yanked the brothers by the collar and Soren by the ear much to their disagreement.

Collectively the entire cafe sighed in disappointment seeing the good-looking people leave. But this was where I stepped in.

"Who wants some free dessert?" I shouted over the chatter and clanks of plates as the people were about to leave, but the magic word 'free' stopped them in their tracks. 

But before they could crowd around me, "For those who had orders of two mains, you may claim your free dessert. Otherwise please take a look at our dessert menu, we have a wide selection." The crowd started grumbling at being cheated, but for those who had orders of two mains, were happily satisfied.

Free dessert always does the trick.

The crowd that had gathered to see the Bri and the boys, well the group was huge. Marco had his hands full waitressing since I had to help Lynn with the food stuff. It's been a while since he did this much ground work, seeing the complains Lynn was getting about his backache.