Chapter 17 Whisked Away

"It's okay, it's okay. Laura we're here." Alex's trembling hands wiped at the blood the poured out from my nose. My eyes darted around the house, from Alex to Lewis to Arden who stood off at the side. 

It burns! Urgh, it f*cking burns!

The all too familiar voice screeching from Kara's body and all I could do was stare at it.

"Arden? Help her to wash up." Lewis gently pushed Arden forward. As though he just remembered where he was, he rushed forwards and took me out of Alex's arms.

"It seems like the toilet is our hang out place huh?" I joked, giving him a weak smile, but even that didn't crack his stoic expression.

"Wash up, I'll be back." He placed me on the toilet and walked back out, closing the door behind him.

My reflection was ghastly. The blood that was smeared across my face was a huge contrast to pale skin. I was as white as the walls in my room.

I started washing my face, cleansing gently, then scrubbing. The blood was gone, but I could still see its mark. How it remained as a stain on my skin. A growl escaped my lips as I scrubbed at my face, my arms and neck. I had to get it off. But it was just as stubborn. A whimper finally got out of me followed by a sob as I sank down to the ground, weakly clawing at my arms.

"Oh, Laura.." I watched as Arden entered again through watery eyes.

"I can't get it out. I still see the blood everywhere. I keep hearing it's voice, it's everywhere." I cried weakly.

"Shhhhh... it's okay, it's not there anymore. You're back with us." He gathered me in his arms, rocking me gently. 

"It's not okay, whenever this happens you guys need to come in and save me even at the risk of yourselves. I'm just a bane like Anna said. I'm only going to bring you guys trouble."

"You are not a bane Laura. Never a bane. We made the decision to stay with you. We will stand by you through thick and thin." Arden stopped me in the middle of my rant, his eyes fierce with the words he said.

"Let me help you and we'll join the rest outside alright?" His voice softened as he helped me up to my feet.

"I'm sorry I left. Seeing you like that made me so angry. I almost lost control, I wanted to get rid of it." He leaned his forehead against mine.

"Get rid? You mean kill it?" I gasped and pushed him away from me to look him in the eye, much to his amusement.

"Well you have seen Lewis get rid of the Wanderer haven't you? Why are you so icky about me killing it?" His voice tinged with amusement. My mouth opened to reply but three knocks on the door sounded, cutting me off.

"If you guys are done, can I come in now?" Bri shouted from outside and my eyes widened.

"She can't see me like this! Sh-she can't!" I squeaked, panicking but Arden clamped his hands around my face, squishing my cheeks and stopped me right in my panic attack.

"Brown eyes! Listen, okay? It's alright." He paused, gauging me reaction but seeing that I kept quiet he continued, "she's really worried about you. And she's stronger than Soren. She has this innate strength. She'll be fine. Plus she brought you a fresh set of clothes."

"Okay I get it. Can you let go of my cheeks now?" I spoke through squished lips and he let go immediately with a sheepish grin.

"You looked too cute I couldn't help it." He grinned, "change and come out quick alright. We have things to discuss, including Briana and Soren." 

He turned around and opened the door with a click and Bri barrelled in with my clothes.

"Are you alright? I saw the blood everywhere on the carpet. And oh thank god you're fine, I was going crazy with Soren's complain he still hasn't stopped you know. And I- Oof-" I cut her off with a tight hug.