Chapter 15 Kara

"Kara? What are you doing here?" She stared ahead, looking through me. She hasn't visited me ever since... ever since I can't remember.

I'm looking... for... The Chosen One...

A deep and low voice echoed the house just as her neck turned to the side, cracking eerily as she did. She took an unsteady step forwards before collapsing on the ground spasms wrecked her body and then it stopped abruptly. Her body then arched as though an unseen force was holding her up until she was standing. Her head that was suspended back snapped to the front and stared straight at me. Slowly, her head tilted and her eyes rolled back leaving only the whites.

"Kara..." I whispered while taking a step back. Dark mist slowly seeped out from her nose, mouth and ears as she collapsed yet again to the ground. The mist slowly gathered into a ball, and a face was formed on it. As though a mask from the drama club escaped and came to life, it formed a happy face followed by a sad face and then a mad face. Until it stopped on a one, a mix between a happy face and a sinister grin.

It's you

The face spoke and with a cackling laughter as it launched itself towards my face and I felt myself falling backwards, landing on the floor with a thud.

I couldn't feel anything or see anything. But I knew I wasn't at home anymore.

"Alex? Soren? Bri? Where are you?" I called out.

"They won't hear you."

"Who are you?"

"I am nothing. We are in your mind. And I shall take over your body. Your friends will never be able to get me out."

My goosebumps stood as he started laughing again.

"No, no, no. Get our of my head. Get out!" I screamed at the emptiness. There was nothing but blackness surrounding me.

I closed my eyes if what it said was true and we were both in my mind.

Maybe I could fight him.

I forced my eyes to open, and in that darkness, a screen lit up. Showing my living room. Then I willed my right hand to the wall next to me, and slowly clawed my way towards the living room. Next I opened my mouth, trying to scream but nothing came out.

Come on mouth, do your thing..

Even in spirit I could feel myself sweating from the strain of moving and trying to make some noise.

"Tsk, tsk tsk, you naughty girl. Trying to seek help?"

Ignoring the voice and manic laughter I continued on my journey. I was knocking into the furniture and wall. Do they not hear the racket I was making?

As I carried on, I felt something loosening. Until I felt the total release from the pressure, I tried again and screamed at the top of my lungs.

"ALEX!"

As soon as the single word was out of my mouth. Everything shut down on me. My five senses all disappeared. My body collapsed on the ground convulsing as I fought for control. In the abyss, the screen I looked at turned to static signalling the last sense that disappeared was my sight.

By now I was on my knees, my breath coming out in pants as I struggled to keep my breathing even and hold onto the last strand of control.

Two bright slits opened right in front of me turning into a crescent moon shape as the laughter started again. Mocking me for my efforts. My hands clapped against my ears but nothing could stop it.

"Silly girl, you think you can overpower me? I am stronger than the stupid Wanderer you met. But I am in a good mood, let's enjoy the show, shall we? I'll let you listen and see but unable to speak or move. Do you understand? I. Will. Be. In. Control.

The screen lit up again as Alex came into view.

"Laura? Oh god. What's wrong? What is happening?" Through the screen I could see Alex fussing over my still body that was twitching with each spasm, indicating the fight for control that was happening internally. Panic was in his eyes and how I wished I could wipe that emotion from his eyes.

If only he could hold my hand and read what is going on.

"Like what is going on? Where am I?" The view changed, Kara was now stumbling into the living room, using the wall as her guide. Her face changed from confusion to horror as a scream erupted from her lips before she collapsed again.

"What's going on?" Soren shouted while Bri walked up next to him taking in all that was happening. Two unconscious women in the house. Not a really good sign.

"Why are you doing this?" I screamed at the darkness.

"Oh, nothing. You are the one I want. These people are merely baggage, Once I get rid of your consciousness, your body shall belong to me."

I couldn't believe my ears as I continue staring at the screen.

"Soren, catch!" A rope was thrown towards him as he fumbled to catch it, "Bri, bring two chairs and tie Kara up in one. Alex placed Laura on the other." Arden ordered and started moving around the house, but Alex was still unmoving, hands hovering over my body unsure of what to do.

"Alex, don't be an idiot. Hold her hand, touch her arm whatever it is just keep in contact with her skin. Read her mind for traces." Arden hissed at Alex, slapping his back. "Laura needs us, come on bro," Arden instructed a bit more gently but with the same urgency in his voice.

"I'm done." Bri spoke up.

"Me too. Now can you explain what the hell is going on?" Soren was fuming, not a good sign, but oh Soren...

"No. Go to the room. Now both of you will not come down until everything has been cleared." Arden instructed, looking them both in the eye.

"Please. You can't make me leave." Soren scoffed, but as his legs start moving towards the guest room, his eyes widened. "What the hell! I demand an explanation!"

"And Soren do not speak till I permit you to." Arden added, rubbing his temples, with that Soren went mute like the television.

"Whatever it is, please take care of Laura. And be careful." Bri pleaded, as her legs too took her towards the direction of the guest room. Arden nodded before she disappeared up the stairs. Turning to Alex and the two unconscious bodies, he nodded.

"Now let's get this thing started."