24

Serious talks

Justin's P.O.V

Once I make it a house down from Paige's I almost freeze up, wondering if it's worth it. All of the trouble that will outburst if I get caught playing both sides. I'll be shun by my friends, and maybe even my family. Alex is like family, I'd hate to let him down. He doesn't really deserve it, he's done a lot for me. I owe him.

Then, I have to remember that this is Paige i'm talking about. A girl i've worked hard for, a girl who's filling more than just a hole from my last. She's so much more than that. She's different. I've said this before but now I mean it.

Feeling some more blood spilling out my busted bottom lip and wiping it away with the back of my hand. Licking my lips, I look towards Paige's home again. I don't  see the old car in the driveway, maybe it's safe to knock.

Frowning, I decide with myself that Paige is an important figure in my life at the moment and I wouldn't want anything crazy happening to her.

Opening the car door, I slowly rise up from my leather driver seat as my ribs seem to crack and the pain commence. Finally making it up on my two feet and shut the door quietly behind me. I walk a slow pace while checking my surroundings for any peeping toms. Taking my time while my body ached.

While arriving to the beginning of the walkway to the porch, a car drives past causing me to jump a bit. My nerves not being the best right now. I bite down on my bottom lip as I make my way up the concrete, almost resisting myself.

Finally making it to the front door, I hesitate before knocking, Pushing my knuckles closer to the wood and praying for the best. If I wasn't too busy being nervous, I could cry with the uncertainty roaming my brain. What if she doesn't care to listen to me? Only thing that will be on her mind is me trying to protect my friends. What if she dumps me for not choosing a side. For not choosing only her.

My skin touching the dry paint as I knock with my knuckles three good times. Quickly glancing behind me and scanning the place. When I hear the door opening with a creak noise followed behind it, my head snaps back around. At last, coming face to face with the girl of my dreams. My mouth opens to speak but only a stunned expression crossed my path.

Paige's eyes widen with surprise but she does something that I wasn't expecting. She begins to smile, but that only last a second when she notice the condition I'm under.

"Justin, what happened?" Paige questions immediately with only concern laced in her voice.

"I-" I try to explain but Paige interrupts with her opening the door fully and my eyes catching her attire. She wore a thin spaghetti strap dress with no bra and colorful socks.

My eyes scan over her body, breathing in everything that brighten my mood. Damn was she gorgeous.

"Justin, you're just starring at me. I need you to tell me what's going on and what happened to your face?" She whisper yells at me while stepping closer towards me.

"A lot. A lot has happened and I have a lot to tell." I confess and Paige's wide eyes glisten. Maybe still amazed to see me.

Paige intense stare snaps to look around our surroundings. After checking to see the coast is clear, she grabs my hand and pulls me inside.

Immediately pulling me in a bear hug, leaving comfort and warmth to linger around my spirit as I smile into her hair. We stay in the same position for what felt like hours as we embrace each other. When Paige finally pulls back, her eyes connect with mines again. The brim of her eyelids swelling up with water.