23

Fights & terrible plans
(a lot of cursing and abuse)

Justin's P.O.V

The front door slams shut and I instantly roll my eyes. I know it's my father coming in late as usual for the past 2 months.
I know it bothers my mom but she'll never give out the negative words to start a fight. My mom was never the strongest, her feelings get hurt faster than me or my dads. I don't blame her for not fighting with my dad about this, he can be harsh. Good thing I have a back bone.

Walking over to the curtains on my bedroom window and look down. Spotting my dads car and clenching my jaw. It's almost 2 o'clock in the morning, only dickheads and cheaters stay out this late and well, he's both.

I stroll calmly back over to my bed and lay across it. Trying to not pay attention to him attempting to walk up the stairs, only for him to end up sleeping on the couch from being too lazy. If my calculations are good, my mom will be coming down the stairs right when he finally gives up. This is probably daily.

After a couple grunts and sighs and more exaggerated noises, my mom opens both of the double doors to her bedroom. Hearing her light sigh and feet patting on the marble floor.

"Goddamnit Jeremy!" She tries to whisper yell but it's way too quiet and i'm already used to it.

"Oh, hello sweetheart." He replies back in sarcasm and slurs.

"I'm sick of it Jeremy. I'm sick and tired of this. You have a son that has to look up to you! This is what you want him to see?! You drunk every-" She rants but he cuts her off.

"I taught him well enough Pat! He'll be fine.. I didn't tell you to go have some bastard kid anyway!" He yells but still isn't loud enough because of his drunk slurring.

My mom gasps then silence introduced itself. Until moments later I hear tiny whimpers, "You were okay with this. You wanted a child just as much as I."

"No, I didn't have a choice! Our marriage was basically an arrangement Patricia!"

Rolling my eyes and heading for my bedroom door. I could care less about what he said about me but i've had enough of my mom crying over someone who couldn't keep his shit together. I know deep inside she didn't want this anymore but she sticks it out because of me and because of the rumors that would spread. Her being a slut, being shunned for letting her marriage fail. She always cared about what people thought.

I walk down the stairs to more arguing then it deceasing once I make it to the bottom stair. My mom making eye contact with me first then turning around to face me. Instantly giving me words of encouragement like "it's okay, i'm fine, just go upstairs", bullshit.

"You don't have to be a jerk to the woman that's doing everything for you because your a lazy bum." I push past my mom and walk up towards him, "You're a worthless piece of shit! You have no right to tear her down."

"You better watch who you're talking to boy," He walks up closer to my body, enough for his finger to be pointed right on my nose, "I'm paying these bills and giving your ass a place to stay. You better respect me or i'll raise hell in here."

"No offense dad but I think the last person i'll take advice from is a drunk who doesn't care for his health and a cheater who clearly doesn't care about his family as well."