Hanging with the Cat Faunus

Start from the beginning

Jonas chuckled. "I should have known."

"So, when was the last time you saw my face, besides right now?" Blake asked.

"Well, I first saw you in that food fight, then the time when my friends and I were training with Undyne."

Blake laughed.

"Hey. I'm just glad that you didn't get run over by that rolling shield."

"I know. I know."

"So, where are we going anyway?" Jonas wanted to know.

"Just wait and you'll find out."

After walking around the base, they started walking from the base and followed a trail. On the way, Jonas was getting a little suspicious, but he brushed his suspicions aside for now. Jonas and Blake just kept walking and walking until the reached a gate, which was locked.

"What...what is this place?" Jonas raised an eyebrow as he stared at the gate.

"This is where Fluttershy always puts her critter friends." Blake walked up to the gate, reaching for the gate's lock and letting out a sigh. "Looks like Fluttershy forgot to unlock it so I could get in."

"Why would she leave it unlocked for you?" Jonas asked.

"Just so I can feed them while she's away."

"Um, maybe I can try and get the gate to open."

"Yeah. Like you can use your fingernails on key locks." Blake said.

"No. I need something thin. Do you have anything?"

Blake pulled a paper clip from her pocket. "I have this."

"Perfect." Jonas took the paper clip from Blake and started bending it into a form of a key.

Blake watched as Jonas went on one knee and started sliding the paper clip into the lock. She raised an eyebrow and watched the lock finally release the chain. Her eyes widen when she saw Jonas slide the chain out of the way along with the lock.

"Wow. I'm impressed." Blake smiled. "Seems that you're one of those people who can unlock anything with everyday objects besides a key. Whatever you call those people."

"Yeah, I don't know the word either."

Blake chuckled.

"So, what did you want to show me?"

"Just close your eyes." Blake said, getting a raised eyebrow from Jonas as a result. "It's a surprise."

With a shrug, Jonas closed his eyes as Blake opened the gate. She grabbed him by the arm and started guiding him through the gate, following a trail of dirt. She sensed Jonas raising an eyebrow, but she just kept walking along the trail, then stopped.

"Uh, can I open my eyes now?"

"Okay. Now."

As Jonas finally got a chance to open his eyes, they widen. He was in a forest-like area with luminescent flowers and trees. He also saw some odd creatures roaming around the area. Also, he was standing with Blake by his side.

"Whoa..."

"I know. Pretty cool, huh?" Blake agreed. "What do you think?"

"This place...it's amazing! It reminds me of that one park in Strange City!"

"Nibel Park?"

"Yeah! Whatever Fluttershy did to make this place look like that park, she did it." Jonas smiled. "Though, why are we here?"

"I hang here all the time when I want to be alone." Blake said. "I do have a favorite spot here if you were wondering. Follow me."

Soon, Blake took Jonas to her favorite place to hang around, an isolated log under a canopy of trees. Over there, they were talking about Fluttershy's animal sanctuary and how amazing it looked.

"Fluttershy always allows me to come here even when she's gone." Blake said. "I find this place very comforting after completing a difficult mission. The animals would always keep me company every time I go here."

"Good to know, I guess." Jonas replied.

"Is everything alright? You look like you just did something you regret."

"Yeah, my friends and I, we were on a mission with your friends and there was a giant robot and a giant bird and Alex almost got eaten by some vicious bear on our way back here."

"Your stepsister got attacked by an Ursa, huh?"

"So, that's what you call that thing."

"Yeah. Ursa. One of the Creatures of Grimm." Blake said. "I've been hearing tales like those as a little girl. Though, I don't see them often like I used to."

"I see." Jonas crossed his arms, then turned to one of the flowers on the ground and picked it up. "I don't understand, though. I've seen one of these flowers at Nibel Park the first time the others and I set foot on this island. Echo Flowers, I think they're called. Where did they come from? What's so special about them?"

"You mean the Echo Flowers?" Blake replied.

"Yeah."

"Sans once told me about the Echo Flowers on my first day here." Blake explained. "He once told me that they came from Waterfall, but a cluster of them started traveling through every river on this island. That gave Nibel Park it's midnight beauty."

"What about the glowing trees?" Jonas asked while looking up at the trees.

"They were always like that ever since we came into this world. But they weren't like that before us. Some of us believe that they were just regular trees before we existed."

"Huh."

The two suddenly heard a growl from far away.

"Hang on. I got to do something." Blake got up from the log and walked. "Just wait here."

"Wait a sec. Blake!" Jonas shouted, but Blake was gone as if she vanished into thin air. "Where are you going?"

Curious, Jonas got up from the log and walked off. He was looking for Blake, and he needed to find her. But since she wasn't in sight, he couldn't find her. But all that he found was a trail of large bird-like footsteps. Raising an eyebrow, he followed the trail of footsteps that only lead him to a cave. He stared into the mouth of the cave and started to walk up to it. Jonas entered the cave.

"Blake? Are you in here?" Jonas pulled out his phone and turned on it's flashlight.

He jumped back when he saw a giant dog-like creature with bird-like feet and wings on it's back. It had horns on it's head and it's body was covered in feathers. The creature was also asleep. Jonas looked at the creature's neck. It was surrounded by a blue collar with a word saying 'Trico'. He assumed the word on it's collar was the creature's name. Shaking his head, he turned his flashlight off and decided to make his way out of the cave as he suddenly heard a snap beneath him. Jonas looked down at his feet, noticing that he stepped on a twig. He sighed and rubbed the back of his head, but suddenly heard a growl behind him as his eyes widen. Jonas looked behind his back. The creature was awake.