62) Performance And Memories

62) Performance and Memories

"You okay?" TJ asked, putting a hand on my back.

I turned to him and nodded, "Yeah, why?"

"Because you've been here for half an hour staring out at the audience while you bounce your leg." He pointed down at my leg that was continuously bouncing.

I smiled, and stopped my leg as I turned to the audience. 

"That's a lot of people."

"1,000 and counting." He nodded.

I sipped in a breath, slowly letting it out.

"You'll do fine, Dani. Calm down. You're one of the best dancers I know." He smiled, hugging me by my neck as he pulled me back to him.

I smiled as I rested my head back into his chest.

"Do I look tired? Or a slut?"

He nodded no, putting his mouth in the way Nathan would usually do as he let go of me. "They just put the make up to hide your sleepy eyes and highlight them. It's a very natural look." 

"You know more about make up than I do." I laughed, as I turned to the audience, hugging myself lightly.

"You'll do great, Dani." He gave me another pat on the back before heading off.

I took a breath before the lights in the auditorium went dark and the cheers of the audience boomed through the stadium. 

"Come on. Let's go." one of the older guys patted my back as he ran on stage. I smiled at him as I followed him and a few other dancers onto stage.

We formed a V, me in the front with TJ as other went around us. I looked at TJ and smiled before looking behind me to see a diagonal line of dancers in position.

The curtains went up as Replay by Zendaya came on..

The hip hop song went on as I kept the big smile on my face. At this point, I didn't care about my feelings. I was just dancing..

The song ended as the whole group of dancers came on and TJ took the mic.

"Hello everybody!" He called, giving a wave towards the audience. 

"Tonight, we will be here for a few hours. There's food at the back if you get hungry." Tj pointed towards the end where there was a food table, about 10 feet long.

"Tonight, we have a new dancer with us." TJ said to the audience.

"This girl is a great friend of mine. She is my sister."

"Aww." I heard the audience say a bit. I laughed, biting the inside of my cheek.