14) Secrets and Couples

"Ariana! Everybody's waiting downstairs!" Nathan called as he walked through the bathroom doors and into my room. Nathan was wearing blue jeans, a red collar shirt, and had sunglasses. Sadly, no necklace. I quickly wiped away my tears and plastered on a smile. Hey, a smile never fails to fool people. Nathan was just a bit harder to fool. But this time, he is.

"Oh okay. I was just talking to Dani. She seems a bit-" Ariana looked at me. My eyes widened and I nodded no quickly.

"Ariana? What's going on?" Nathan asked wrapping an arm around her waist.

"N-nothing. I just wanted to check on Dani to see if she was okay."

"Oh. Okay, then. Well, you look beautiful, Ariana." Nathan gave her a peck on the lips. He wasn't wrong. Ariana was wearing a simple pink dress that went to the usual length of less than mid thigh. She kept her hair down and wore light pink heels.

"Don't you think so, Dan?" Nathan asked, entwining Ariana's hand in his and giving it an obvious squeeze.

"Y-yeah. She looks really pretty." I smiled.

"Correction," Nathan held up a finger, "Beautiful. She looks beautiful." Nathan put his hand down and gave Ariana another kiss on the nose.

"Awww, thank you, Nathan." Ariana replanted a kiss on his nose before heading downstairs. I sighed to myself and tuck a piece of my bangs back with a pin.

I grabbed a small purse that had a long strap and filled it with my book and my necessities. I held my phone in my empty hand and rolled my ear buds around it.

I headed downstairs to see everyone almost out the door. "There you are! We were just about the leave you!" Max said as he held open the door.

"You seem to be leaving me now." I mumbled and headed out the door, Max right behind me.

I met everyone in the car and took my seat by the window. Jay was once again tapping away, but this time, his other hand was typing at his phone. I glanced over to see a girl named Ava. "Who you texting, Avatar?"

 He jumped suddenly and looked at me. "Oh, this girl named Ava. We met at the mall, the same time Max met Nina. I was just making sure they know the restaurant that we are headed. They are going to meet us there."

I nodded. "So do you fancy Ava?" I whispered to him. He looked at me and smirked. "Yes." He whispered.

"I know its sudden and everything, but I had the best hours of my life when we went to the mall, and I want her as my girlfriend." Jay whispered.

"Really, Jay?" Max asked. I guess everyone heard because they were all looking at us.

"Yes, why?" he replied, a blush appearing on his cheeks.

"Because I was thinking of asking Nina!' Max had so much happiness and enthusiasm in his voice.

"Really? Mate, that's so cool! She'll say yes for sure!"

"Thanks, Jay. Ava will as well." They gave each other their 'bro hug' and everything calmed down.

We finally got to the restaurant as we took a seat. In came Nina and Ava. As well as Ariana, Nareesha, and Kelsey.

The girls took a seat by their guys as everyone ordered their food and drinks. I decided on some ravioli and iced tea.

While waiting for our food, I was just on my phone. Once it came, I ate and was on my phone. I was texting my parents about Nathan and the lads.

I finished my food pretty quickly and looked up to see everyone still talking and eating. I got up and started heading out. "Hey Dani! Where are you going?" Nathan asked from behind me as he ran to catch up.