60) Perfection

60) Perfection

Ariana. The definition of perfect. 

"Dani. That's not what I meant." She took a seat in front of me.

"I'll let you two girls talk." Nathan got up as he headed to the lads' room.

I turned to Ariana as she held my hand.

"I am truly sorry." 

"It's not that you kissed Nathan that angered me."

She gulped.

"It's that you kissed him. Then lied to me about it."

She sighed as she looked down.

"I look up to you Ariana. Look at you. You're perfect. Beautiful. I wake up wishing I were you or one of the girls. So to have you lie to me? I thought you were my sister." My eye began to tear up, but I had to be strong.

She sighed, "I'm really sorry, Dani."

I brought her in for a hug, "Just don't lie to me again." I paused for a bit. "Or make out with Nathan in front of me."

Forgive and forget, right? Simple...

She nodded into my shoulder and let out a little laugh before pulling back. She smiled widely at me. "You don't know how grateful I am for this."

I shrugged, "I'd do anything for a friend."

She smiled as she held my hand tighter. "I'll see you soon, Dani. I got to meet up with everyone."

I nodded, "Have fun tonight."

She nodded before heading out.

...

It was late at night, and honestly, I couldn't sleep being alone in my own hotel room. I got up, taking my phone as I headed down the elevator of my hotel. I was still wearing Nathan's clothes. 

I headed across the street and over to the lads' hotel. I headed up the elevator as I went over to Nathan's room. I just hoped he wouldn't get mad at me for showing up at his room 2 in the morning.

I stood in front of his door to hear moans. Oh this can't be. Not after what I had with Nathan and Ariana.

I pushed the door open lightly, and it was open. Weird...

I stepped in and what I saw was both expectable and shocking. Nathan and Ariana. In bed. How could I not see this coming?

"Dani." Nathan said first as he looked at me. He was in his sweats, but no shirt.

"How could I not see this coming?" I looked down. He walked up to me and ran a hand down my arm.

"How could I be so idiotic? Stupid?" I looked up at him.

How could I be so soft? How could I forgive him so easily? How could I forgive Ariana so easily?

"I thought you cared about me." My voice cracked. Don't be so soft! Harden up! Don't look weak!!

"I do Dani." His eyes becoming teary themselves.

I looked over his shoulder to see Ariana watching me sadly.

I cleared my throat and looked up at him. 

"Am I just this charity case to you?" I searched his big green eyes.

"No Dani. You're my best friend." His voice cracked.

"You know, Sykes." I made my voice seem strong. Like it wasn't a big deal.