Chapter 29 (Confessions)

Jacob's Point of View

 "Well its seems that you have made a near perfect recovery!" exclaimed the Doctor as he looked over Luca's test results. "I'll have the nurse finish the paperwork and you can leave in just a short while." The doctor left the room to go help his other patients. Now it was just me and Luca in the room, him sitting on the bed and me standing beside him. We came here right after it was official that he would become the next Council member. In fact we are both still wearing the robes they gave us, his are little dirty and torn in several places, but it is going to be his new work attire so I'll have to get used to it. They had healed all the injuries he received earlier this night, with resting for a few days as his only orders, and then performed some test on his brain.

"At least everything seems to be working inside me!" joked Luca as he pulled on his gloves. "Don't joke about that!" I said seriously. He looked up at me and gave me a confused look. "Why? Everything is back to the way it was before I got hurt. I don't understand why it's such a big deal to joke about what happened!" I was about argue with him, but the nurse came back in and handed him his discharge  papers, "Just sign these and you can leave!" He signed quickly and gave me a smile, "Come on, lets go home and rest. I've had a long day and I am very tired." I let out a sigh as I took his hand in mine and led him out to the car.

The drive home was quiet and relaxing. Luca held my hand the hold ride as he fell asleep in the passenger seat. I don't blame him for being tired, having to go through 20 mentally exhausting tests and then a fight to the death will do that to you! We got to the hotel quickly enough, arriving at around 10 pm. I slipped out of the car quietly and moved around to the passenger side to open Luca's door. I saw he was still asleep and tried my best to pick him up without waking him. The fact that he wrapped his arms around my neck and nuzzled his face into my neck made it a lot easier. He's not a heavy guy but he is not exactly light either.

I made it to the door of our apartment and struggled to get my hand on the hand scanner to open it. "Here let me!" said Luca as he put his hand on the pad! "You've been awake this entire time!" He chuckled lightly, "No I woke up when you got out of the car." I tried to give him a pissed look as I asked him, "So I carried you for noting?" "No you carried me because I was too lazy to walk myself and you love carrying me!" I started laughing as I walked inside our spacious living quarters, "Fine I guess I do like carrying you!" I tried to let him down only to have him groan at me, "NO carry me to bed!" I shook my head at how childish he was being, but I was really happy that him regaining his memories didn't make him become all serious again!

I threw him on the bed, but got pulled down with him when he didn't let go of me! "HEY!! Why did you do that!?" we both said at the same time. "You threw me!" he said. "You made me carry you!" I shot back. He started pouting and I sighed as I moved to make our foreheads touch, "Sorry I was just trying to have fun." He just grinned at me with a mischievous smile, "I know I just wanted to mess with you!" We started laughing and I felt so good to be able to do that with him. I settled down and looked into his eyes, his amazing brown eyes. "Can we tal-...Do you want anything before we go to sleep?" I said changing my mind on what I wanted to ask. He gave me a small smile before saying, "Can I have a glass of water?" I kissed his forehead as I told him yes and left to get it for him.

I had wanted to ask if we could talk about how he got hurt in the first place, but thought he would like to rest first. I returned to our room to one of the best sights I have ever seen! Luca was standing in the middle of our room with his coat, shirt, gloves, socks, and shoes all off (his scars visible). He didn't hear me in the doorway as he proceeded to take off his pants, leaving him in nothing but his blue boxers. My voice betrayed me as it made me make a small groan at the sight. I heard him laugh, "Like the show?" 'This ass is literally trying to kill me' I thought. "Ha ha no this ass is not trying to kill you, just trying to get comfy!" he said. "Damn it I really need to stop doing that!" I said as I went over and handed him his drink, using all my willpower to not jump him. He just kept laughing. "What's so funny?" "I've never turned someone on, it's rather funny that you would be the first!" "You ass!" I said jokingly. "Nope my ass is not up for grabs yet, you have to work your way there!"