Chapter 5 (Awkwardness)

Hey guys sorry the last chapter was so short. This will be another Jacob only chapter. Hope you like it!!

Jacob's Point of View

I woke up to being drenched by a bucket of ice-cold water. I flew out of bed as fast as I could and probably ten feet in the air to. When I finally realized that what had happened and that I was dreaming, I looked over to the side of my to find my twin sister standing there with the bucket in her hand and a satisfied look on her face.

"JACKY! WHY THE HELL WOULD YOU DO THAT!?" I yelled at her. She then started laughing and shaking her head at me. "Now now Jacob watch your language. I dumped water on you because you scared me to death last night by not coming home. The ice-cold part I added in for fun!" I glared at her and she began to run towards the kitchen. She knew, she knew what I was going to do to her. I was going to get her all wet too!

"THAT'S RIGHT YOU BETTER RUN JACKY!!! I'M GONNA GE....hey mom what are you doing home?" I said as I entered the kitchen only to find that my mom did not go to work today! I was hoping that I could at least get a couple hours of relaxation before I had to explain last night, but nope not a one.

"Jaclyn, what did you do to your brother?" asked my mother with a disapproving look and voice. "I kind of poured cold water on him while he was sleeping" my sister responded while smiling shyly. My mom just gave a soft sigh and turned to me saying "go upstairs and change into some dry clothes then come downstairs for some breakfast." I loved my mom, she was always so nice and understanding when it came to me and my sister.

I did as she asked and went upstairs to go change. As I was heading up the stairs, I realized that mom will not be happy that I got water all over the house and that I am still getting water all over the place. 'Man I hope the water dries before mom remembers it's there' I thought.

As if right on cue, my mom told my sister to go dry up  the wet spots in the house. "Ok mom. Wait, hey mom, where are the wet spots? I don't see any." my sister told my mom. 'Huh that's weird I should be getting the carpet soaked' I thought and looked down at my clothes to see that they were still wetter than a pool but no water was dripping off of me! I wasn't leaving any wet footprints either! "Wow they must be putting some really weird shit in our water for it to do stuff like this!" I said to myself.

I pushed the thought aside and got dressed as quickly as possible, I was really hungry! When I got downstairs I expected to be bombarded with questions about last night, but nope not a single one. We talked about the regular things the entire time. My mom must know that I don't want to talk about it and must have told my sister not to ask questions because she would have, she is a drama queen just so you know.

I spent the rest of the day sitting around the house watching TV and taking it easy. That is until my girlfriend, yeah I said girlfriend, called me.

"Hey babe, how's it going?" I asked trying to sound genuinely happy. "HEY BABE, THAT'S ALL I GET, A HEY BABE!!! I WAS TRYING TO REACH YOU FOR HOURS LAST NIGHT BECAUSE YOUR PARENT'S SAID YOU DIDN'T COME HOME!!" she yelled at me. "Sorry I was kind of busy last night and kind of lost track of time" I said as calmly as possible. "You need to come up with a better excuse than that Jacob, what did your parents say to this excuse?" Wow I never really knew how annoying this girl could be! "Look I'm going to explain everything over dinner tonight if you want to come over." I was hoping this would satisfy her. "Fine I'll be there, love you!" "Yeah, you too" I said but not really meaning it.

Eventually dinner time rolled around and dad came home. Shortly after the doorbell rang and I knew my girlfriend was here so I yelled "I'll get it!" We all sat down at the table and began to fix our plates. No one talked for the longest time which made the house silent, great I just love awkward silence moments! Then of course my girlfriend had to pull up the worst topic to break the ice. "So what happened last night that caused you to make me and your parents freak out, hmm?"

"Um...well...I guess I should start at the beginning and go from there." My father had put down his utensils and stopped eating all together so that he could pay attention and had a serious look, my girlfriend had a look on her face that was really unattractive, my mom was smiling at me, and my sister was looking worried. I took a deep breath and started to explain what had happened.

"I was walking home from playing soccer with my friends when I accidentally ran into this kid. I tried to help him up but he just kept trying to leave. Then two guys came down the street and began calling he kid trash and other horrible names. I didn't understand why and before I knew it they pulled down his hood to show... to show the brand and necklace he had around his neck." My sister and mother looked shocked and scared while my father and girlfriend had disgust written all over their face.

"They asked me to help them beat the kid up and for some reason I did 'cause I remembered what they did to your sister dad" My mother began to silently cry and my sister was on the verge. I felt horrible for doing it but not when I was in the middle of doing it. My father began to smile and said "that's my boy, putting those freaks in their place!" and my girlfriend just said "this is why I love you, you can protect me from those monsters!" I began to feel even worse about what I did after I heard that.

"After I was done the two guys then started beating him up and left when he became unconscious. I didn't want him to die so I took him to the hospital." "WHAT!?" both my father and girlfriend yelled at the same time. "You should have just left him in the street to die, son!" said my father with my girlfriend nodding.

"Anyway, once we got to the hospital I yelled for a nurse to come and take a look at him. After she was done she called for someone to come get him. It wasn't a doctor that came but two men in black suites who said that their company wanted super-humans. I threw him at them and s-said 'h-here take...take I-it' " I said as my voice began to falter and break. "After that I came straight home and then you know the rest." I got up and left without giving them a chance to respond anymore to what I said.

I ran up to my room and began to silently cry. Why am I crying? I should be happy about what I did! But, I feel like I'm the one who deserves to be in the hospital. I was so lost in thought that I didn't even hear the door open. I only knew someone was in my room when I felt the end of my bed shift. I picked my head up from the pillow and saw that the person was....

Hey guys thanks for reading chapter 5. Sorry for any grammar mistakes. Please vote and comment so I can know how I am doing!!!