Chapter 17 (Admittance)

Luca's Point of View

I was woken up from my sleep by a sound that I wish was not so familiar to me. I turned over in my bed to look at Jacob only to find him having a 'not so peaceful' sleep. I got up and went over to him to make sure everything was alright. What I saw said otherwise, Jacob was curled in on himself mumbling names while crying! He then started tossing and turning in his bed like he was trying to get away from something.

I was starting to get worried because I didn't like seeing Jacob like this, sad and scared. I didn't know what to do, but I did know that I wanted to do something to ease his pain. Sweat was covering his body and I was beginning to stare. I was pulled out of my trance by Jacob muttering it was hot in his sleep. I sat down beside him and put my hand to his forehead, just like on the plane. I pulled my hand away when I felt how hot he was, he was like a bloody furnace on the inside!

I put my hand on the side of his neck and started using my powers to cool him down. It had started to work but he was still really overheated so I put my other hand on his chest and did the same there. It was almost like he transferred his heat to me because my face started getting hot from touching him, why I don't know. He started to cool down and I thought he was going to be alright until he shot up yelling some girls name.

I almost fell off the bed when he did but was able to regain my balance before I did. I looked at Jacob and found fear and sadness in his eyes, so much sadness. I just sat there waiting for him to notice me. When he did I looked in his eyes and asked "Jacob are you ok?" softly enough so that he knew I was worried. He shook his head no and my heart started hurting when he did. "Can I get you anything, maybe some water?" I asked trying to think of anything I could do to help him. As I asked this I put my hand on his shoulder, which he visibly relaxed and melted into. This made my heart feel really weird but in a good way.

He said "no I just.....I just need some more sleep" as he laid back down. My hand slipped from his shoulder and the warmth I felt disappeared with it. I was pretty sure I saw him tense up at the same time my hand left him. "Oh ok....um....goodnight Jacob" I said as I got up and moved to my own bed. My efforts were stopped short when Jacob suddenly reached out and grabbed onto my wrist. I turned around and looked into his eyes as he said "p-please don't g-go, I'm st-still..." in such a defeated voice. He didn't have to finish what he was saying because I saw it all in his eyes, he was scared and wanted someone to stay with him.

I moved to sit beside him while saying "ok I won't leave, but what can I do to help?" He closed his eyes and started thinking out loud saying "I honestly don't know what he could do other than stay with me through the night, but I can't ask him that." Well that answers what I could do to help, question is: am I willing to be, let alone sleep, so close to someone? If it's for Jacob then I will overcome the fear of people that I acquired over the years.

With that in mind I said "of course you can, I don't mind" while smiling at him. In that instant he knew that he had been thinking out loud and dropped his gaze in shame, which made him look adorable. I then got under the covers and laid down facing Jacob so I could look at him. I started taking in all his features, like his strong jaw, his pinkish lips, his flushed cheeks and finally his faded blue eyes. I was caught off guard when he moved close so his head was against my chest. I took in a sharp breath of air due to the sudden closeness with him, and I would be lying if I said I didn't like it.

Jacob must have heard my hitch in breathing because he tensed up and let go of me slightly. It was almost like he was afraid I was going to reject him! I didn't want him to feel like that so I started rubbing his arm up and down while whispering words that I hoped would make him feel better, all of which I have never done before. Eventually I heard his breathing get deeper and more evened out so I assumed he was asleep. I fell asleep not long after, enjoying being so close to someone.