Chapter 22 (Remember Me)

Jacob's Point of View

"Who am I?" asked Luca! He lost his entire memory, not just the part about me! I know I should feel bad about that, but I'm kind of glad now that his memory loss isn't just about me. Don't get me wrong, it's horrible that he has any memory loss at all, let alone all his memories. I was so shocked by this though that I didn't answer him back, I was at a loss for words! "Who am I?" he asked again.

"Y-you're Luca, my boy-I mean best friend" I said almost admitting my feelings. 'Reality Jacob, reality!' I told myself in my head. "Oh....ok. Where am I?" he said hesitantly. "At a hospital, you got hurt." He closed his eyes and scrunched his face like he was in pain. "HEY ARE YOU OK!?" I said as I ran to his side. He jumped and leaned away from me when I touched his shoulder, "I was trying to remember something...anything, but I only got a head ache." His eyes were filled with sadness and fear, which tore my heart apart. He looked at me like I was going to hurt him.

Finally the doctors walked back in saying "what is it now sir?" He stopped when he saw Luca looking around. "I see Mr. Luca has woken back up!" I nodded yes before I turned my gaze back to Luca. He looked like a lost puppy with his brown eyes wide with confusion. "Mr. Jacob, can you please step outside so we can check some things with him?" asked the doctor. I didn't want to leave Luca now that I had finally gotten him back, sort of, but I complied and walked out.

It didn't take long before the doctor came back out, closing the doors behind him. "So.....how is he?" I asked the doctor nervous of the answer. He looked both relieved and worried as he said "he has recovered physically, just needs a few more days of bed rest, but he has lost his memory completely. We think it may have been a result of the bullet wound and we don't know if it is temporary or permanent." I felt like throwing up then and there after hearing those words. I know I had told myself that it was possible, but hearing it from the doctor made it more real. "C-can I go see him?" I asked. The doctor nodded yes but stopped me before I went in saying, "don't try and force his memories back, it may have bad side effects. Let it came back on its own, but it is your decision as to whether or not you want to take that risk."

That actually made sense to me cause when Luca tried to force his memories back he got a head ache. I want Luca to remember everything, especially me, but I don't think I want to take the chance of him getting hurt. When I went in, Luca had his eyes closed like he was sleeping again. "Thank god you're safe Luca" I whispered as I sat down beside him. "I'm glad I'm ok too" he said suddenly. I jumped in my seat and he just gave me a confused look, "Sorry." I just smiled at him and told him it was fine. "Um.....Jacob right?" he said tilting his head to the side slightly. I won't lie, he looked cute when he did that and I felt very warm with him looking at me like that, "Y-yep!" "What can you tell me about me?" he asked.

"Wow, where do I even begin? Well I guess you should know that your name is Luca, no one has a last name here because that way they can leave behind their old life (you told me that), you are 17, have brown hair and eyes, love to eat, are extremely fit, smart, funny, use to live in New London, and that's all I know" I said smiling the whole time. When I looked back at him, seeing as how I went into my own world as I began talking, he was smiling to. "Wow" he said after a second and I just laughed. "Now you!" he said excitedly. "I'm not that interesting, not like you" I said shyly. "Oh come on, I want to get to know you!" he said pouting! Damn he is hard to deny when he pouts!

"Fine, fine! Ok....my name is Jacob, I used to live in the US, I like to play soccer, I'm 18, work out a little, and met you about a month ago" I said nonchalantly. He was actually smiling even bigger! "You're right, doesn't sound nearly as cool as me!" he said cheekily. "WHAT!!!??? I'M PRETTY AWESOME!!!" I said while laughing. "Eh if you say so" he whispered out. "I do say so because it's true!" I said getting closer to him. "Fine then, tell me something that makes you awesome!" he said challengingly. "Alright......I can control water" I said with a smug look. "No you can't, it's impossible!" he said while laughing, and I'm pretty sure he was laughing at me. "Yes I can, watch!" I said as I lifted the water in the flower vase beside his bed up into the air.