Chapter 3 (Separations and Reunions)

Stranger's Point of View

Of course it would be them that comes around the corner first instead of a doctor! The bloody Seekers of the Brotherhood in their black suites and fancy equipment! The Brotherhood, while a secret, is the dominant government and corporation in the world. They overlook everything, literally, and are in charge of all super-human related events. The Seekers are the branch of the Brotherhood that deal with locating and retrieving people that show powers. They are allowed to use any means necessary to bring in one of us alive, but they are not permitted to kill us oddly enough.

The two men turned to look at me and, even through their shades, I could see the satisfaction in their eyes for finding me, again. They approached us and hardly took notice of the boy holding me up. They then smiled at him and said "We got it from here kid."

The boy looked a little ticked off about being called a kid. "I have a name you know. It's Jacob, Jacob..." he said but was cut off quickly by the other man. "We don't need or care what your name is. All we care about is bringing in this fugitive for our company!"

With that he let go of me and threw me at them saying "fine take it, I'm leaving!" It!? Wow he really does not like my kind, or is it just me that he hates this much? I looked back into his eyes and found something behind them that I have never seen before, and I could not put my finger on it. Regret, sadness, anger, or satisfaction? No. It was almost a mixture of all of them.

I watched the back of his head as he left until he was completely out of sight. His named continued to replay over and over in my head again. Jacob, Jacob, Jacob. His name was Jacob, which suited him really, and he was really something else! One moment he hates me and then the next he is taking care of me! What is going on through that boys mind?

My thoughts were cut short when the Seekers started dragging me down the hall to one of the rooms for super-powered patients, and they weren't doing to gently either! When we finally got to one of the rooms they told me to change into one of those ridiculous hospital gowns. "Can I at least have some privacy?" I asked. They didn't even budge. "Ok that's a no" I whispered to myself. After I was done an actual doctor came in to take a look at me, finally!

After the doctor was done, he took the two Seekers out of the room and explained what I needed in order to get better. They returned shortly and I asked them what they were going to give me. " Well, they need to do some surgery on your ribcage to put the ribs back into place #285637" one of them said. "Which means that we are going to have to stay here longer just for your sake trash!" the other yelled.

"Great that means more time out here in the real world for me!" I said with joy and sharpness so that it would get their trousers in a twist. The doctor walked in before they could say any remarks and gave me a sedative so that I would sleep through the surgery. If the Seekers had their way I would have gone through it awake and normally I don't like to go to sleep because of some drug because I don't think I will ever wake up again, but I don't fight it in this case. As I am being wheeled out I stop the nurse so that I can say one last thing to the Seekers. "Oh and don't call me #285637 or trash, my name is....."

Jacob's Point of View

The people that came around the corner after the nurse paged someone was totally the opposite of what I was expecting. I was thinking maybe a doctor or two but nope two big guys in black suites, dark shades and high-tech equipment came instead. They didn't look like any law enforcers that I've seen, these two looked way to well trained to be mere enforcers (the replacements for police officers).

They finally took notice of us but they were looking more at the boy in my arms than me, I don't even think they saw me at first. I could see the disgust and fear on the boys face as he saw the two men. They started walking towards us without ever taking their covered eyes off of the boy.

Suddenly, one them turned to me and said "We got it from here kid." KID!? I am not a kid! I am eighteen and a legal adult! I decided to let them know that they can't call me kid and get away with it so I said "I have a name you know. It's Jacob, Jacob..." but before I could finish the other man cut me off. "We don't need or care what your name is. All we care about is bringing in this fugitive for our company!"

This caught me off guard. Now I know why the boy I beat up didn't seem to like these guys, they were total dicks! Before I began to say anything I would regret I let go of the boy and shoved him towards the two men and said "fine take it, I'm leaving!" I stopped on my way out to look at the boy one more time and everything that happened in the last four hours played through my mind. I don't know if I'll ever forget this day.

When I got back to my car I started to think more about the boy and those two men that now had him. What company could they be working for that has an interest in super-humans? Oh wait it must be that trillion dollar company U.B.A. (United Brothers Association). But still why would guys like that be hired from that company to hunt down freaks? Then a thought popped into my head, I never did learn what that guys name was.  

Hey guys thanks for reading my third chapter! Again, sorry for any bad grammar and please comment so I can know if you guys like the story or not!