Chapter 8 (Eye of the Hurricane)

Hey guys this is chapter 8. My computer had a technical difficulty so I had to retype this entire chapter! This will be a Luca's point of view only chapter, the first so far. Hope you like it!

Luca's Point of View

I was waiting in the back of a big black van (not creepy at all) on my way to wherever they needed me. It was very empty and boring in here cause they only things in there was me and the two Seekers. They were sitting beside me, very close actually, and I didn't like it. I get very claustrophobic and hate human contact, which is why this ride has been one of the most uncomfortable I've ever been in.

The two Seekers were sitting on both sides and were shoulder to shoulder with me, I decided that that needed to change. "We are in a big van with all this space to choose from and you decide to sit right beside me!" I told them with a sharp voice so that they know I wanted them to move. The both looked at me with a blank stare before returning to look at the side of the van. 'Fine then I'll make you move then' I thought.

I began using my powers slowly so that they wouldn't notice it before it was too much for them. Some time had passed, about twenty minutes actually, and the Seekers were trying to get me to stop with my powers. I simply shook my head and said "not until you give me what I want." After a few more minutes they finally got up and moved to the other end of the vehicle. I decided that they have had enough and stopped. Not moments later, the van stopped with a jolt that sent the Seekers flying out of their seats and flat onto their faces. I didn't laugh, I haven't ever since...well in a very, very long time.

I jumped out of the van and was instantly met with more rain hitting my body. Crap, it's raining again. I then noticed that there was about a hundred enforcers running around screaming at each other or cursing at the wind. Before I could have a look at what it is I was going to be dealing with, the two Seekers came up behind me and started dragging me to a tent. "Let go! I have two legs that I can walk on!" I shouted at them. They ignored me and continued on into the tent where they shoved me into a chair.

Before I could snap at them I was greeted by another man in a black suite. "Hello #..." "No" I interrupted him. "Sorry, Mr. Luca, I am the head Seeker and I have requested you here because of your....unique talents" he said. WHAT!? The head Seeker wants me, this can't be good. "If your asking me to kill one of my kind because my powers are perfect for doing that without too much destruction then no I'm not doing what you want." I said with my anger rising as every word left my lips.

"No no no. I would never make you do something like that. I just want you to try and top him so we can bring him in." he said with a smile. "That doesn't sound much better to me!" I gritted out as I raised an eyebrow. "Well this is a dangerous situation and this person needs to be brought in by any means necessary." he said with a calm expression written all over his face. "We don't know who it is or what they can do but so far he has murdered a girl, caused a house fire that caused another girl death, and ran away from the enforcers when found" he continued with saying "so this makes them a possible 'shoot on sight' target if he or she does not stand down."

I lost control of my emotions for a minute and screamed "JUST BECAUSE SOMEONE SAID HE 'DID' THAT STUFF DOESN'T MEAN HE DID!! HE COULD BE INNOCENT FOR ALL YOU KNOW!!" "Still they may be dangerous and this means someone could die again, I am not going to take chances." he replied. "Especially when he can do...this" he walked over to the one window in the tent and gestured for me to come look.

I went over an stared out the window and was expecting to see a small fire or problem that was being blown way out of proportion. Not even close. There, in the middle of what I assume was a playground (was being the operative word), was the largest hurricane I have ever seen! But it wasn't moving and water was coming out of it in large blast towards the enforcers. "See he is dangerous and needs to be put down" he said coldly.

I turned from the window and headed straight for the door. I had one thought in my mind, only one: 'I will save this person from the enforcers, from the brotherhood, and most of all from him or herself.' I stopped at the threshold so that I could turn my head and make only one request of the head Seeker, as stupid as it sounded.

"If I help him, if I save this person, they get to come back with me. Otherwise you can handle this on your own." It took a moment for him to respond "Agreed, but if they go with you then I will inform the head Keeper that they are your responsibility." Damn, I didn't want to have to deal with this person after this but if it will save his life then I'll find a way so I said "deal." 

I pulled up my hood and left the tent heading towards the enforcers line of fire. As I got closer, one of the enforcers put a hand on my chest and said "stop right there, this is no place for a kid, its dangerous." I pushed his hand and him aside and continued heading towards the hurricane. On my way, the entire enforcer platoon parted, just like in one of those superhero movies. I was not fifteen yards away when a burst of water started heading straight for me, almost like it knew I was a threat to the person in the middle.

I easily sidestepped it and flew into a sprint. More and more burst of water, each one larger than the last, came out of the hurricane and tried to hit me. I sidestepped the first few just like the first because they were still small enough to, but then they began to get too big for that and so I had to stop running completely and jump to the side just to avoid it.

Ten meters now and the biggest water blast came out of the top of the hurricane and flew at me. It was too big to jump to the side to avoid so I did the next to last thing I could do, I jumped over it. I jumped maybe twenty feet in the air and did a front flip just to make sure that I avoided it completely. I love the feeling of being in the air, it was relaxing. This feeling disappeared when I landed on the ground, only five meters away from the hurricane. When I landed a had to go down on one knee to make sure my legs could take the impact.

When I lifted my head I was met with a wave looming over me, and it was big too! Shit, I wanted to keep myself from using my powers for as long as possible, it might make the situation worse. But I had no choice now, so I pulled off my right glove and stuck out my hand. The wave got closer and closer. I could hear people in the background yelling "RUN" or "GET AWAY KID." Then the wave hit my hand and every voice stopped at what happened next.

The wave had stopped moving, because it had changed into ice. The entire wave was frozen in place and the only thing it was touching other than the ground was the tip of my hand. "Now to get in that hurricane" I whispered to myself. I jumped on top of the wave and jumped to the top of the hurricane. I wasn't an idiot, all I had to do was go down the eye of the hurricane to get to the person.

Before I reached to top, another blast of water came out but instead of coming at me it went towards the enforcers! SHIT!! I stuck out my hand and pointed it towards the water blast. A chain of ice started at my palm and traveled to the target. The water was almost at the enforcers when my ice finally reached it, freezing the water. 'Not a moment to late' I thought.

I was pulled from my thoughts as I realized that I was now above the eye of the hurricane. I began to fall and began to think 'shit I did not think this through.' I continued to fall as I tried to think of a way to slow down my fall. I tried to grab the side of the hurricane and freeze it so I can stop falling completely but it was moving to fast! The ground was getting closer and closer and before I knew it I hit the ground rolling sideways. OW!! BLOODY HELL THAT HURT!!

It took a minute for me to stop writhing in agony, but when I did I finally saw the person responsible for all this. It was a boy around my age and curled up into a ball. For some reason this boy seemed familiar, what with his muscular body and dirty-blonde hair. I got up and crawled to him close enough where I could get him to look at me. I shook his body and what I was met with were eyes so blue that they made the ocean seem pale! He looked back at me with fear, confusion and sadness, so much sadness, written on his face and in his eyes. "Y-you" he said with the most broken voice I've ever heard. I just stared at the boy in font of me with surprise being my primary emotion. I replied with only one word "Jacob!"

That was chapter 8, I know I suck at writing action scenes! The picture is an example of Luca's ice chain. The music video will be for this chapter and the next. Sorry for any grammar mistakes. Please vote and comment!!!