Chapter 7 (Natural Disasters?)

Ok guys this is my seventh chapter and have finally started writing about powers!! The stranger finally has a part in the story again! And yes you will find out his name. Sorry if it is bad!

Jacob's Point of View

 I just stared at the boy that was lying on the ground in pain. I was the one who caused the water to hit him! There is no way I can let anyone know I have superpowers. If someone finds out I won't be able to stay with my dad, my mom, or Jacky! I'll die if I can't stay with my family! My life is so fucked up right now!

My thoughts were stopped short when I remembered where I was and who was here with me. "I-it's not what it looks like. T-that was a one time thing, I promise!!" I started pleading to my ex. She just stared at me with a shocked expression. She didn't say anything for the longest time, neither did I because I didn't want to make this situation seem more real than it was.

Eventually tears started to pool in her eyes and a question left her lips "what....why....h-how did you do that?" Her voice was so low and soft that I barely heard her. "I didn't mean to! I-I-I mean I didn't do that. I wouldn't! I COULDN'T HAVE DONE THAT!!!" I yelled the last part trying to make her believe it. Oh who am I kidding, I was trying to convince myself more than her.

"ARE YOU SERIOUS!! I SAW YOU DO IT WITH MY OWN EYES!!" she yelled right back at me with confidence behind her voice. Immediately afterwards, her confidence disappeared and was replaced by fear. I knew that look, it was the same look that everyone normal gives to people who have superpowers. I started to panic that maybe I was one. I took a step towards her so that I could try and make her see that I wasn't one of those fre... I mean super-humans. This caused her to get even more scared and move back one step.

Damn. Is this what it felt like to be looked as a freak, a mishap of nature? I didn't like the look to begin with and being looked at in the same way made me dislike it even more. I didn't want her to look at me that way, it made me feel small. I had to make her see that I'm still me, so I took another step towards her. She freaked out and tried to run away. She didn't see the step behind her as she stepped back and then she fell, down the stairs and onto the pavement. I tried to catch her as she was falling but my body did not respond fast enough.

I heard a loud crack when her skull hit the ground and she landed with her neck in a weird position. I moved cautiously as I neared her, I hope what I think happened didn't. I was standing over her body to scared to see if she was alright, she wasn't moving at all and that scared me. I mustered up all my courage and knelled down next to her and put my index and middle finger to her neck. No pulse! I checked her breathing, nothing!

I began CPR and tried with all my being to bring her back to life. I was so caught up in trying to save her that I didn't even hear her new boyfriend, Luke, wake up and come over to us. He pushed my out of the way and started to shake her yelling "WAKE UP" over and over. By this point tears were coming down my face and I didn't care if anyone saw me. I know she cheated on me and I was about to  break up with her, but at one point when we were together I did love her.

Luke turned away from her and gave me one of the nastiest looks I have ever seen. He had a murderous glint in his eye and it was aimed at me. To say I was scared would be an understatement, I was terrified for my life. He got up and in two short strides had me in a much tighter grip than before. "YOU, YOU DID THIS TO HER YOU FREAK!" he yelled in my face. I didn't say anything because he knew he was right.

I felt a punch land straight at my gut and then pain shortly followed. "I didn't mean to hurt her. I was just trying to keep her calm" I said out loud trying to make myself believe it. Luke heard me and yelled "YEAH RIGHT. A MINUTE AGO YOU WERE YELLING AT HER AND CALLING HER A WHORE" he struck my ribs. "YOU DID IT ON PURPOSE BECAUSE YOU COULN'T HANDLE THE FACT THAT SHE LOVED SOMEONE ELSE!" he kicked me in he head.