Chapter 10 (End of this Life)

Wow I just reached double digits with my story! This is a review of the last chapter but in Jacob's view. Hope you like it!

Jacob's Point of View

I don't know how long I sat there sobbing my eyes out over everything that had happened to me today and I don't care. I was just waiting for the enforcers or someone to come and put me out of my misery because of what I did and the fact that my heart hurt to much for me to handle. I wanted to die so badly but no one came to give it to me.

I kept hearing this wailing noise all around me but ignored it because I didn't think it was important. It continued on for what seemed like forever before I started to hear voices, it sounded like screaming and yelling but was drowned out by the wailing that I couldn't understand it. A few moments past and then I heard a loud crash and....cheering? What was going on around me? I still didn't look up because I was so buried in my grief and sadness that I didn't feel like moving ever again.

The cheering then became pleads of "GET OUT OF THERE" and "RUN KID." Then in an instant I felt it get cold all around me. It must be night since it became so cold. I then heard someone fall onto the ground near me and roll screaming "BLOODY HELL THAT HURT." I didn't look up because I thought that no one wanted my help no matter what was going on. I then heard them crawling to me and I knew what was going to come next, I was going to die.

I then felt a hand on my shoulder pull my body around to face the one person I never thought I would see again, that boy I beat up not three days ago! "Y-you" I managed to choke out through a sore throat. He looked just as surprised to see me as I him and what he said proved it "Jacob!" How did he know my...oh wait I kind of yelled it out loud to those two guys when I brought him to the hospital.

"Yeah, why are you here?" I asked him and he seemed surprised that I heard him use my name. "Well I came to get you to stop" he said while looking into my eyes. "What are you talking about? I'm just sitting here crying waiting for the enforcers to come put my out of my misery" I said with genuine confusion, What could I be doing other than waiting for my emanate death. At this thought I remembered what I had done to him and felt that I deserved to die for that reason to. I couldn't stop the tears from coming again so I put my head back into my knees so that I can hide how broken I am from him.

He didn't like that and yelled "Jacob I need you to look at me!" I felt even more horrible since he yelled at me which caused me to cry harder and sink further into my knees. What he said next was the last thing I thought I deserved to hear from anyone "Look I'm sorry I yelled at you but I really need you to look at me!" I merely shook my head and mumbled to myself what was only true "Why? I don't deserve to have anyone be nice to me after what I did today."

My crying and self pity was again interrupted when he grabbed my shoulder and made me face him fully. 'Shit, here it comes. I'm going to die' I thought and tensed up so much that he noticed. "Please don't torture me! I'm sorry for what I did, I really am, but if your going to kill me please just make it quick! I know I don't have any right to ask things of you but please let me die quickly, I deserve it!"  I pleaded with him. 

"I'm not going to hurt you, I never will" said the boy with so much care that it reminded me of my mother. My mother! She's going to hate me just like everyone else! "Why? You should want me dead for what I did to you and everyone else! I know the rest of the world will" I asked. "No one deserves to die until they have a chance to prove themselves" he said without hesitation.  I got out of his grasp to go back to hugging my knees and crying my eyes out.

He came over and tried to get me to turn around again but I shrugged off his hand roughly and screamed my true feelings "NO! I WANT TO DIE BECAUSE I PUT YOU IN THE HOSPITAL AND CAUSED TWO PEOPLE TO D-DIE" with my voice breaking at the end. This made something in him snap because the next thing I know he was yelling right back at me "NOW LISTEN TO ME! YOU ARE NOT A HORRIBLE PERSON!! TWO PEOPLE MAY HAVE DIED BUT THAT DOES NOT MEAN YOU DESERVE TO!" and looked me dead in the eye.