Chapter 24 (Showing Love Through Music)

Jacob's Point of View

I don't know what has happened to me. Before Luca's accident I would never have been so forward with flirting with him. Now it seems like I can't control myself, especially when I see his innocent face. I was almost seducing him last night when I tried to get him to wake up so he could eat! Bad thing is I don't know if he knows I like him or not, I can't even tell if he likes me!

I was pulled out of my thoughts when I felt Luca start moving around on my chest and mumble something about his mom, or as he said it "mum" in his way too sexy British accent! This dream seemed to be much better than the last one he had because he actually has a smile on his face this time. I let my hand drift down from his hair to rub his neck. He shivered slightly and mumbled, "stop it mum that tickles!" I silently chuckled to myself and moved hand down further to his back, where I traced some of the many scars on his back. He started whimpering and trying to tell some name to stop, but it was so low I couldn't make it out.

I quickly shifted my grasp to his arm and rubbed it up and down to calm him down. He stopped struggling and began hugging my body tighter. I swear I also heard him mumble my name, but it must have been my imagination. I my hand started getting closer and closer to his own and I watched his face for any sign of discomfort, only to have him sigh in satisfaction and snuggle into me even closer. I then felt his wrist and immediately stopped, remembering what the doctor had told me yesterday.

"I-I'll go get your clothes" I said as I dashed out of the room. I had asked Mary to go by our apartment and get Luca some clothes. "Thanks Mary, you're a life saver!" I said as she handed me the clothes. "That's what I'm here for, to provide fashion sense to the love sick!" she said sarcastically. "Yeah, yeah hey can you do one more favor for me?" After I explained what I wanted her to do I waved goodbye and made my way back to Luca's room.

"Mr. Jacob, can I have a word please?" asked Luca's doctor. I went over and asked him what was wrong. "Did Mr. Luca seem depressed or angry before he came here?" "No not that I know of. Why?" I said utterly confused. "We found an extensive amount of scar tissue on both of his wrist, some a few years old and others a few days." I felt  like I had just been punched by a brick, "Wait, are you saying he cut himself!?" The doctor nodded, "Yes and not just once. It seems he has been doing it for years and the damage is so old that not even we can fix it." YEARS!!!! Why on earth would he do something like that?

The doctor left me after he saw I was no longer listening, too shocked by what I just heard. After I had given Luca his clothes he began changing and turned around, exposing his scarred back. I couldn't help but feel like whoever had done that to him was also the reason that Luca hurt himself. I forgot about this quickly though when I saw just how toned his back really was as he flexed to get dressed, and I was starting to become more and more turned on by the second. I ran out of the room embarrassed as hell.

My flustered state was lost when I overheard Luca's nurse and his doctor talking in hushed tones. "That boy is the reason Luca hurt himself in the first place!" argued the nurse. "That boy is also the reason that Luca himself was able to wake up after a month" replied the doctor calmly. "That may be, but I told you what I saw before we patched him up, saw the name that he carved into his arm!" continued the nurse. "It is over and done with! We do not interfere with the patient's lives!" I couldn't take it any longer! I walked towards them and demanded to know who's name Luca had cut into himself! "It.......it was your name, Jacob," sighed the doctor. My.....name.....was on......Luca's.....arm! HE CUT MY NAME INTO HIS ARM!! "WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME THIS A MONTH AGO!?" I yelled at them. "Because you already had enough to deal with. We didn't want to make you feel worse."