Chapter 9

"You said great, great, great, great, great granddaughter right?" She tentivly asked me.

I laughed, "yes, I did."

"So that means that we can have children together?" She asked carefully but also hopefully.

"Yes, apparently, we have always been able to do that. Thanks to your shadow kissed state."

She began laughing and crying at the same time. Then she started jumping up and down my lap and squealed, "we can have children of our own!"

I laughed and cried with her, "yes we can baby. Does that make you happy milaya?"

"So so so happy Comrade. I have wished for such a long time that I could give you the family that you have always dreamed of." She sat in my lap crying tears of joy.

"And I have wished, that I could give you that." Again I cried with her at the prospect of our future children. "But even if we could never have children of our own that would not make me love you any less. We could have always adopted and we still can Roza." I watched the smile on her face grow bigger and bigger with my every word.

"Let's have our own first. Then after we have all that I can physically deliver we will talk about adopting some. How does that sound?"

I smiled at her, "amazing, just like the mother of my future children." I assured her.

A few days later, it was time for her coronation. I had gone ahead, and told Roza about wearing some workout pants underneath her dress for her to fight in. As well as the fact that Mia was going to bring a pair of combat boots to the coronation. She asked Mia to also bring her a tank top and a pair of socks. She then said that as soon as she feels the nausea that all of her guardians were to circle around her facing outward, so that she could take her dress off and put the tank top on.

Roza, Abe and I stood at the doors to the meeting hall,  twelve of her guardians were to lead her in, another twelve were supposed to follow her in. Then there were also to be twelve on each side, as well as her forty ninth guardian being in the very back of the procession.

I, her 50th guardian being the head of her guardians and her fiancé, was also supposed to walk beside her. If she and I were not together, I would have been at the very front of the procession, just like the forty ninth guardian was at the very back.

Earlier, while I was getting dressed, she had showed me the roses. That she had asked to be sewn onto the collars of my uniform and the pocket flaps of all her fleets uniforms. Mine however were different from the others, mine had a heart around the stem of the roses. She said that it was to show me, that I would always carry her heart with me wherever I go.

The music started, the doors open and we all walked in. When we entered the room, it filled with gasps at my Roza's beauty, poise and grace. The proceeding guardians all stopped at the foot of the stairs leading up to the stage. And split far enough apart for Roza, Abe and I to ascend the stairs. I held one elbow and Abe held the other as she lifted the hem of her dress so that she could ascended the stairs. Once we were on stage, all of Roza's guardians spread around the stage again with me being the closest to Roza. As her head guardian I was always supposed to be the closest to her, followed very closely by Alberta.

As things continued Roza took her oath and made her pledge to be the best queen that she possibly could be. After she was crowned, she stood and everyone except for the on duty guardians kneeled. Then I saw her head snap up then around to me and I knew what that meant.

She grabbed the microphone and said, "everyone please listen to me, the wards have been breached and there are strigoi inside court. I need everyone that is not a guardian, to get into the safe rooms. NOW!!!!"