Chapter 3

"Your father Abe is aunt Tatiana's older brother. And since it was the Ivashkov's turn on the throne and Abe is the oldest and we only have queens, unless they are married. That made you the queen. You were hidden away from our entire world for your own safety. And aunt Tati has held your spot as queen until you turned eighteen."

"Is that what she came to my room to talk to me about?"

"I assume so but I am not sure. But when you get out of the hospital you will take the throne. And become her royal majesty Queen Rosemarie Marinique Rana Ivashkov. You also need to know that the bond between you and Lissa has been broken. So Lissa cannot give you anymore of her darkness ever again. But you still retain all the powers that the bond gave you. One of which you did not know about yet; you can use the darkness as a weapon. I don't know if or how you could do that without the bond. But if you still can, you will have to learn."

"Do you know why Lissa hates me so much?"

"She is jealous."

"Of what?! What in the hell could she possible be jealous of?!! She has always had everything that she's ever wanted!!"

Bless her heart, she looked so bloody confused.

"You and Dimitri. She thinks that no one has ever loved her the way that he loves you. And she has never loved anyone the way that you love him."

This time she looked like I had knocked her through the floor. "What about her and Chris?"

"I don't know little dhampir, I really don't. I am afraid that she has been insane for years but that she has hidden it from everyone. This is the very same kind of thing that Avery did. Anyway, Aunt Tati has ordered for Lissa to be put into a medical induced coma. I don't know if she will go through with it now that the bond has been broken. We will have to wait and see. But you don't have to worry about her darkness driving you insane anymore cousin. Now, all you need to worry about is being the best queen that our world has ever had."

I laughed at the sudden look of unabashed terror on her face. I had only ever seen Rose this scared once before. And that was when she lost Dimitri.

"Ok, let me see if I have this right. My real name is Rosemarie Marinique Rana Ivashkov."

I nodded my head at her.

"The person who was supposed to be my best friend. Was so jealous of the fact that Dimitri and I are in love. That she intentionally compelled him to treat me like shit. And to push me away repeatedly, while also telling me that he doesn't love me anymore."

Again, I nodded at her.

"The bond, between me and Lissa, was broken when I died once again. Because said supposed to be best friend, forced her darkness into me in an actual attempt to kill me."

More nodding.

"And why did she want to kill me?"

"I don't know for sure, but if I had to venture a guess. It was because aunt Tati informed her that you were queen and that Lissa would not ever sit on the throne. Also, that she was stripped of her position as princess and that her sister, Jail bait, if you can believe that, will be the new princess. Then there was the fact that everyone found out what she had done to both you and Dimitri. And that Dimitri was finally able to resist her compulsion, and called her a bitch for doing all of that to the two of you. He also called her out on the fact that she has treated you like dirt from the time he met you and so many other things. I think that everything just came to a head and she saw you as the cause of it all."

"Ok. I think I have a handle on all of that. But what about Dimitri?"

"What about him Little Dhampir? He loves you more than his own life. He even volunteered to help you learn to use the darkness, if you still can, without the bond. Anddd he is your head guardian."