Chapter 8

Oksana spoke up, "but they can have children Karo. You forget that Rose was shadow kissed and a shadow kissed person can have children with anyone."

"But she is not bonded anymore." Mia said.

"Yes, but remember, I said that she still had all the same powers that she had when she was bonded. Bonded or not, she is still shadow kissed."

"Oh." Everyone supplied.

"Oksana are you serious? My Roza and I can really have children together?"

"Yes, I thought you knew. That is why I didn't bring it up."

"No, we didn't know. That has been the bases for many a tear filled discussion between us."

"I am so sorry Dimitri. If I had known that you didn't know, I would have said something sooner."

"It's fine. At least now I know that I can actually give her that."

Right then Paul came running in, "uncle Dimka, uncle Dimka."

"What is wrong Paul?"

"Aunt Roza...." He never got to finish what he was saying, because right then we heard a blood curdling scream. I ran as fast as I could move to my love.

She was thrashing all over the bed. Moaning loudly, then there was another scream. Zoya was on the other side of the room huddled in the corner crying, not knowing what was going on.

"No! Dimitri no! Please no."

'Oh God she is dreaming about me being a strigoi,' I thought to myself. 

"No! Don't you leave me; I won't let you go this time. No! Please don't leave me." I was at her side in an instant lifting her into my arms and rocking her shaking body.

"Roza, I am right here my love. I will not ever leave you again, never again my love, I promise. Shhh, I love you baby." The more I spoke to her the quieter her cries became. Until finally she once again slept somewhat peacefully.

"Dimitri, she is not dreaming of the past. She is having a premonition." Oksana said.

"But I am never leaving her again, I would rather die than leave her."

"I know... and that is exactly what is going to happen. But it won't last long, you will come back to her."

"I am sorry Oksana, but what do you mean."

She turned and looked at my babushka, who nodded her head. Oksana turned back to me. "There will be a massive attack during the coronation."

She took a deep breath and continued, "and Rose will fight. The two of you, Eddie and Christian will fight together but during the fight you will get separated. During that time you will be fighting a strigoi and another will sneak up behind you and break your neck."

Everyone gasped and my family began to cry.

"Rose's powers will explode when she sees what has happened to you, a light will explode from her. This light will encompass all of court, and it will incinerate every strigoi that remains anywhere around court. It will do the same to anyone that is already in the process of turning. She will have to shadow kiss you, to bring you back. But you should know, that Rose and Mark are only half shadow kissed. You will be fully shadow kissed. I don't know how any of that happens, but when she is doing it don't argue just agree. Because if you die she will follow you very shortly thereafter. And that will throw our entire world into a darkness that we will never recover from."

I gently and carefully lay my Roza back in our bed and then I pulled the covers over her. Afterwards we all went back into the living room.

Zoya sat in Karo's lap crying, as her mother rocked her.