Chapter 29

After I showered he made us dinner. We watched some more movies together as we ate.

Then we fell asleep together. Again.

________________

A feeling of nausea ran over me as I jumped out of bed and ran to the bathroom.

I threw up everything from last nights dinner into the toilet bowl and flushed.

Must have gotten the flu or ate something bad.

After getting dressed, I walked out of the bathroom to see Nathan on my bed playing on his phone.

"I'm guessing we're not going to school today?" He asked as he looked at his bedside clock.

The time displayed on the clock read 10:44 A.M.

"Yeah." I mumbled as I shrugged.

I went around the bed and sat down on the other side.

Nathan's phone started to ring and he jumped in surprise.

"Scared me." He said as he reached out for his phone that was on the bed.

I laughed at the way he jumped.

Not looking at the number, he slid the answer button.

Then he quickly brought the phone up to his ear.

He turned to me and winked and I shook my head with a small smile etched on my face.

"Hello?" He said into the receiver.

From where I sat I could hear a girls voice screeching.

He looked at me and rolled his eyes.

I'm guessing it's Chelsea.

After a few minutes of her talking, I'm guessing she said something that caught his attention.

His eyebrows quickly furrowed and his fists clenched in anger.

"What? Tell me what you know." He said in a tense voice into the speaker.

"You know I can't do that." He said into the receiver again.

"Fine . . . I'll be there in a few hours." He said before he hung up and threw his phone on his bed.

If I did that I would've missed the bed and cracked my screen.

"What does she want?" I asked as I turned my head to him again.

"She said she knows who raped you." He said as stared at the floor.

Was she behind this?

"She did this? She got someone to rape me?" I said as my voice got louder.

"What the fuck! That bitch is fucking crazy. Why would she do something like that!" I said as I stared at my lap.

"Does she know what I fucking went through? Why would she even think of putting someone in that position?" I mumbled as I hugged my knees to my chest.

"She said that if I want to know, and that if I want her to tell me, I have to come over to her house and well . . . Yeah." He said suddenly embarrassed as he scratched the back of his neck.

"So if you fuck her she'll tell you?" I asked in a small voice as I looked up at him.

"Yeah, I guess." He said as he sighed and plopped down beside me.

"Are you going to go through with it?" I asked him as I stared at the side of his face.

He looked up at me and our eyes met again.

After a few seconds of him staring at my face and biting his lip as he went deep in thought, he finally spoke.

"Nope. I won't even kiss her. I'll just get her to tell me before we get to anything and then tell her that I have explosive diarrhea or something. You wait outside in the car, okay?" He said as he took my hands in his.

"Okay. Thanks for all of this." I said as I leaned forward and pecked his cheek.

He blushed a bit and then quickly tried hiding it by leaving the room saying something about making breakfast.