Chapter 19

Knock knock

"Jade, wake up, you gotta eat ready for school." Nathan's voice said right before the covers were pulled off of my body.

A rush of cold air hit my bare skin and my eyes quickly opened.

"I really don't wanna go." I mumbled as my eyes adjusted to the harsh light coming from the window.

"Yeah, neither do I, but we can't skip another day of school." He said as he shrugged and that's when I realized that he was half naked.

I stared at his bare chest. I traced his abs with my eyes. His skin was so toned and beautiful.

"Like what you see?" His voice snapped me out of the trance his upper half put me in.

Blood quickly rushed to my face cheeks in embarrassment and I hurriedly got off of my bed and grabbed my clothes to get ready in the bathroom.

"I'll take that as a yes!" He yelled from the other side of the door.

I rolled my eyes and started to brush my teeth.

______________

After eating cereal with Nathan, we got into his car and he started to drive to school.

"Won't it be weird if we came to school together?" I asked as I fiddled with my book bag strap.

"I mean, the whole school population think we're dating. So I doubt coming to school together is considered weird for a couple." He said as he stopped at a red light.

"Yeah, I guess." I mumbled and stared out of the window.

A few silent minutes later he pulled up in front of the school. I got out of the passengers seat and I slung my book bag over my right shoulder. 

I started to walk away from the car, well aware that everyone's heads were turned in my direction.

Nathan quickly caught up with me and walked next to me. 

"What are you doing?" I asked as I opened my locker.

"Walking my girlfriend to class like any boyfriend would." He said as if it was common sense.

It's all for show. It's all for show.

I got my books and turned to walk to my class.

"You walk fast for a nerd." He said as he appeared next to me again.

"Don't you have a class to go to?" I asked him as I shook my head.

"Yes. Yes I do. Being late is my thing. After all, I am the bad boy of the school. So why not?" He said as he shrugged it off.

"Not much of a bad boy to me." I mumbled under my breath.

He opened the door to my first period class for me and I rolled my eyes as I walked in.

I made a beeline to the back seats and plopped down on one of them.

Looking up, I realize the class is completely quiet. Everyone's eyes are trained on me.

"What?" I ask as I take my books out of my book bag.

Everyone turned back around and the teacher started to talk.

Later on in the class, during independent work time, people started to talk.

Of course, people started to gossip.

Jade and Nathan were both absent yesterday.

Do you think they were together?

I heard that she got pregnant with him.

Oh yeah, I saw them come to school together. Inside of his car!

I heard she moved in with him because her neighbor killed her cat.

Yeah, whatever.

I can't believe he's still with her.

Yeah, he probably is still using her for sex.

Maybe he didn't get it yet.

Yeah, once he gets it she'll be history to him.

I cringed and frowned at the rumors that we're getting passed around.

Thankfully the bell rang and I dashed off to my next class.

Soon enough, the bell for lunch rang.

I walked through the empty halls towards my locker.

"Oh Nathan, I missed you so much." A voice squeaked from down the hall.

Nathan?

I took cautious steps towards the end of  the hallway.

Peeking around the corner, my eyes widened at the sight.

Right there, in front of me, was the unpleasant sight of Nathan and Chelsea kissing.