Chapter 14

After straightening my hair and applying a bit of makeup, I slipped on a leather jacket on top of the red dress.

This should cover the shoulder bruise. I just have to remember to keep this on until I get back home.

I grab my purse from my bed and walk through the house to get to the front porch.

8:26 P.M

I'm going to be going to my first house party tonight. I can't help but feel a bit nervous. Am I dressed right? Am I overdressed? Am I underdressed?

Beep beep

My neck snapped up in a quick motion.

A black car was parked into my driveway.

"You coming or what?" Nathan said as he winked from the driver seats window.

How long has he been here for?

I rolled my eyes and stood up.

"You scared me, you prick." I mumbled as I opened the passenger seats door and climbed in.

"Yeah whatever you say, princess." He said in dazing tone.

I looked up at him to see him staring at me.

"What?" I asked playing with my purse nervously.

Do I look crazy like this?

"Nothing. You clean up well."

Clean up well? Is that a compliment?

"Yeah whatever." I murmured as he started the engine.

______________

"We're here." He said as he parked the car a block away from the house since there weren't many parking spaces available.

"I can hear the music from here." I said as I opened the car door and got out.

"I'm guessing you've never been to a house party?" His voice was clear even though he already started to walk ahead of me.

"Is it that obvious?" I asked as I tried to catch up to him.

Damn heels.

"Don't take it too hard, it may just be me." He said as he noticed that I was trailing behind and slowed his pace.

"Heels aren't really your thing either, I'm guessing." He said with a light chuckle.

I rolled my eyes and looked in front of me to see a big house with a pool at the front.

Red solo cups decorated the green grass. As we got the closer the smell of sweat and hormones reeked from ever corner.

We entered the house that shook with the blasting music. He led me straight to the kitchen. Which wasn't all that crowded like everywhere else.

"I advise you don't drink too much. Don't let anyone take advantage of you, and if you do drink too much and pass out, try to pass out sideways so you won't choke on your vomit and die." He quickly said as he poured himself a cup of some clear liquid and looked at me.

"Good luck." With that he left me alone in the kitchen.

So he brings me to a house party and just leaves me here? Wow.

I averted my attention to the counter of drinks.

So many colors.

I don't think I've ever drunk before. There's a first for anything.

I took a red solo cup and poured a yellowish liquid to the top of my cup.

I took a sip and cringed at the sour taste and the burning sensation that ran down my throat and exploded in my chest.

I took a few seconds to recover from it.

I took a few large gulps.

A smile made it ways to my face.

Then the madness started.