Chapter 16

"Jade. Jade please, please wake up."

"I should've never brought you to a party. This is all my fault."

I slowly opened my eyes and Nathan's face came into view.

"N-Nathan?" I asked as looked at my surroundings.

I grabbed my head from the sudden pain that throbbed through it.

"Jade! You're awake!" He said as he hugged me in my sitting position.

"Where am I?" I asked as I looked around to see that I'm in a bedroom.

"You blacked out last night. After that I drove you here to my house. So you can rest a bit. I'm guessing the alcohol was too much?" He asked as he smiled and grazed his thumb over my hand.

Why is he holding my hand?

Why is he being so nice to me?

"Thanks." I said as I smiled.

Another crippling strike of pain stabbed my head.

I gripped my head and groaned at the migraine that attached my head.

"Here, take this, it'll help with the headache." Nathan said as he held up a pill and a glass of water.

I took the pill and placed it on my tongue then swallowed the pill as I chugged down the water.

"Thanks." I mumbled as I placed the cup down by my purse on the bedside counter.

"So, did we actually-" I bit my lip feeling blood rush to face cheeks.  

"Um . . . Did we actually . . . Er . . . Kiss?" I stuttered as I played with the hem of the blanket that covered me.

He looked down as his cheeks heated up and scratched the back of his neck nervously.

"Yeah . . . Uh . . . We did." He said awkwardly.

"Sorry about that, I was really off of it." The words left my mouth in a rush as I looked at him with wide eyes.

He looked up at me and smirked. "It's all good."

Why is my heart beating faster? Do I . . . No. I would never fall for a guy like him.

"What's wrong?" He asked as his smile faltered.

"Nothing." I chirped as I smiled.

The pill is really helping with the migraine.

"So if I slept on your bed, where did you sleep?" I asked in curiosity.

"The floor can be pretty comfortable." He said with a shrug.

He let me sleep on his bed? That's . . . Wow, I did not expect something like that from him.

"Yeah, well. I know you must be hungry, I'll go make something to eat." He said as he quickly walked out of the room.

He cooks?

What time is it?

I opened my purse that laid on the bedside counter and then rummaged through it for my phone.

There it is!

Clicking the home button, the time displayed was 2:34 P.M.

Then under the displayed time a whole bunch of missed calls showed. From no other then Jerry.

Crap! I was supposed to be home at 6 in the morning so he can assume that he was just drunk and didn't realize I was there.

What am I gonna do?

If I go home now he'll hit me harder then any other time.

Tears started to stream down my face as I shook my head and kept mumbling no over and over again.

I have to get home as soon as possible so he won't get any angrier.

I quickly hopped off of the bed, not caring if it worsened my migraine or if my body ached.

I looked for my shoes and quickly slipped them on. Grabbing my jacket and my purse, I started to walk to the bedrooms door.

"Hey I heard some noise, is something the matter?" Nathan asked as he appeared in front of the door.

"N-no, everything is f-fine. M-move I have to get h-home." I stuttered as I sobbed with my head down.

"What's wrong? You were fine a moment ago." He asked as he tilted my chin up.

I took a step back and clenched my fists. "Nothing, so if you could please move out of my way."

"No, I won't. Not until you tell me what happened."

All of a sudden I felt the strong urge to puke. Looking around the room, I spotted his bathroom and quickly walked towards it.

"Hey, are you okay?" He asked in the distance.

But all that mattered to me was getting to the toilet bowl.

Before I could puke, two hands gently held my hair back.

I puked and then quickly flushed the toilet because it didn't smell too good.

"You have an extra toothbrush?" I asked as I stood up.

"Y-yeah, I do. I'll go get it." He said as he rushed out of the bathroom.

A minute later he came back with a new toothbrush. I ripped the packaging off of it and then started to brush my teeth.

After I brushed my teeth, I used his listerine mouth wash.

When I finished I looked up in the mirror and realized he was still standing there.

Creep.

"So, mind telling me what that bruise on your shoulder is?" He asked as he crossed his arms over his chest.

I forgot to keep my jacket on! Well how could I? I blacked out.

"Don't forget the ones on the rest of your body." He said as he raised an eyebrow.

"How did yo-" I asked but was cut off by him.

"You didn't notice the change of clothes did you?" He asked as he shook his head.

I looked down and realized I was in a white tank top and some girl shorts.

Did he . . .

"You perv-" I was cut off yet again.

"Don't worry, I didn't change you. My sister did."

I crossed my arms over my chest and huffed.

"Now, where are all these bruises coming from?" He asked sternly.

"None of your business, now move." I mumbled as I pushed his chest.

"Jade, tell me. Please." He said as he took both my hands in his.

"Is someone hurting you? Who is doing this to you?" He asked in a soft voice.

"Move." I said with a shaky voice.

"Just tell me. Let me help you. Please." He said in a even softer voice, if that's possible.

I stopped pushing him and my shoulders slumped down.

"Jerry." I said in a small voice.