Chapter Fourteen

The cold was the first thing that greeted me when I came to again.  I don't remember what happened but I do know I'm not at the avengers compound anymore.  No, I was in my cell back at the HYDRA compound.  Blood covered the floor and for a moment I was worried someone else was in here with me, but no it was just my blood.

My leg was coated with dry blood and I couldn't help but wince as i sat up.  The pain was pretty bad but honestly, my mind was more worried about the fact that we were back here and not the fact that my leg was broken or that i was probably going to need stitches sometime soon.

"And my lioness awakens."  I hear my brother's voice echoing down the halls as he approaches my cage.

"Lev, please."  I start pleading knowing he was going to make my death drawn out and painful.

"You know I can't stop, Serenity."  He whispers and I felt like I had gotten through to my real brother but one look at his face and I knew I wasn't talking to him.  "You almost believed I was back, didn't you?"  He taunts as he opens my prison door.

"I know my Lev has been dead for years."  I reply as he comes over.  He kicks me with the heel of his boot and I curl up on the ground in pain.  He brings his heel down again but this time it connects with my ribs.

I refuse to scream.  I wouldn't give him the satisfaction of hearing me cry. Instead I close my eyes tightly fighting the tears that threatened to spill down my cheeks.

My injured leg was chained to the floor and because of hte pain, I left it exposed for fear of causing more damage.  After not getting a response out of me, Lev decides to stomp on my injured leg.

I screamed like a wounded animal wanting nothing more than to lose consciousness so I couldn't' feel the pain anymore.

"Please stop.  I'm so sorry.  I won't run away again."  I finally start pleading with him as the pain continued to threaten my will to live.  "Just stop hurting me."  I beg and he laughs.  My heart shatters into a million pieces when I hear it.

"You're such a weak and worthless child."  He kicks me in the ribs again.  I whimper this time.  "This is why they choose me over you.  You can't even handle the pain."  He continues beating me.

"This isn't you."  I tell him before puking up blood.  The pain was unbearable at this point.  All I wanted was to die but then my friend's faces flash before me.  Bucky wouldn't want me to give up now.  He'll find me and come rescue me.

"Your precious avengers are dead."  Lev grabs my chin and forces me to look at him.  "I watched as the building collapsed on them.  They didn't even know what hit them.  I was surprised when I found you alive, just barely, but you were still breathing.  I wanted to make you suffer for everything you have ever done." 

"All I've ever done is love you."  I could feel myself losing my battle to stay conscious.  "I still love you even after everything you've done."

"Shut up!"  He screams before summoning a ball of fire.

"Just put me out of my misery."  I beg but he wouldn't do that.  The ball of fire disappears.

"You're trying to provoke me."  He snarls before kicking me again.  I feel the weight of the darkness threatening to suffocate me.  "I'm not finished with you yet."  Lev pushes me with his boot.

"Солдат, your work here is done."  I hear someone say and I quietly thank whoever called my brother off.  "Доброе утро шлюха."  I wasn't surprised when I saw it was the man in charge of the winter soldier.

"Разрешение умереть сэр? Permission to die sir?"  I ask before puking up more blood.  

"Нет солдат."   I close my eyes tiredly.  I wanted nothing more than for the pain to go away at this point.  "Встаньте!"

"Я не встаю. I can't stand up."  I reply.  My leg was broken and even breathing was making the darkness threaten to take over.

The man pulls out his gun and aims it at my head.  I don't move knowing the pain would stop within seconds if he decided to execute me.  Living thirteen years in this hell hole wasn't the best live I could have lived but I had two weeks of paradise with the Avengers.

"Пожалуйста.  Please."  I tell him so he puts his gun away.  If I was a dog, they would have put me down by now.  They finally leave me alone.

I would have been grateful if it wasn't for the fact that I wanted to die and only they could give that to me.  I would probably stay here for a couple weeks before I finally succumb to an infection from all my wounds or I drown in my own blood but I'm not puking up enough blood for it to be fatal yet.

I close my eyes willing the darkness to finally come.