Chapter 18 - Addicted to a Memory

Okay, I have to admit, I laughed. I just couldn't help it. 

Tavros sent me a questioning look, and I passed him the paper. He read over it several times, then simply stated, "Oh."

"Oh?" I questioned, trying to hold back another laugh.

"Oh," He repeated. "That's where that went."

Despite myself, I erupted into  a fit of muffled laughter. Tavros looked more flushed than ever.

"What?" He asked, seemingly a bit concerned.

I took a few deep breaths, and managed to reply, "Nothing, it's just really cute. You seemed to have put a lot of effort into it.

Tavros smiled a little. "Yeah, I did. I practically tore the house apart trying to find it, too. Rufioh didn't stop yelling at me for days."

He sat there for a moment, lost in thought, then leaned toward me slightly. I could smell peppermint on his breath, and I smiled shyly. Closing my eyes, I leaned in a little closer-

"Cough, cough. I'M STILL HERE. cough, COUGH, COUGH."

"Thanks for letting us know, John," I commented in a cheery tone that was equally as fake as his coughing.

"Very stealthy, John. That was the most realistic fake cough in the world. It's not like you were just repeating the word cough, or anything." Tavros added.

John gave an exaggerated bow and walked nonchalantly back into the living room.

Blushing, I mumbled, "I guess we should finish cleaning this up..."

"Yeah," Tavros mumbled back. "I guess we should."

(-_Le Time Skip Brought to You by Kankri Being Very Triggered._-)

That night, I sat curled up in the sheets of my bed while reading (book). After a while, however, I realized that I was just reading the same sentence over and over again, while my mind wandered elsewhere.

Sighing, I closed the book and set it on the nightstand to my left. I let my gaze travel aimlessly throughout the room, until I tired of that and for the first time in days picked up my broken phone. 

Needless to day, it was still pretty broken, so I set it back in my suitcase. I then picked up my laptop and opened it.

  yourChumhandle (cH) started pestering tentacleTherapist (tT) at 2:16 am 

cH: You up, Rose?

tT: You have to ask?

cH: Anyway, how are you?

tT: Fine, I guess. You?

cH: Where do I begin?

tT: The beginning, duh.

tT: Actually, just skip to the important parts.

cH: Umm....

cH: Well, I kissed him...

tT: What!?

tT: WHEN?

tT: DETAILS!!!

cH: Okay, okay! Calm down.

tT: Continue.

cH: It was today, at the beach.

tT: Tongue or no tongue?

cH: ROSE!

tT: Just asking.

cH: Well, anyway... Before that happened though, he asked me, "Do you remember what you said to me that day on the beach, right before you left?"

tT: Did you?

cH: No.

tT: So you said...

cH: No.

tT: That's... it?

cH: I think I also said some quote my mom told me about beginning again...

tT: Oh yeah, I remember that one. Very corny.

cH: ROSE!!!

tT: What?

cH: -_-

cH: You're not helping.

tT: Hey, at least I know why you decided to text me at 2 a.m.

cH: It's not like you were asleep.

cH: And what do you mean by that?

tT: You must be dying to figure out what he said. Why else would you be awake enough to use correct grammar and sentences containing more than two words?

cH: Because I spend too much time with you.

tT: Oh, so you're in denial. That's even better.

cH: What? No. It just doesn't really matter snymore. It's in the past now.

tT: My point exactly.

cH: Whatever. I'm going to bed.

tT: DENIALLLLLL

yourChumhandle (cH) ceased pestering tentacleTherapist (tT) at 3:29 am

I closed my laptop, set it on the nightstand, and attempted to sleep.

Sleep didn't come easily, that is until I allowed myself to ponder what Tavros had said. After a long while, I thought to myself, Maybe Rose is right. Here I am, unable to sleep, addicted to a memory that refuses to come back. Tomorrow I am going  to find out what it is that I forgot.

Then I drifted off to sleep.

______________________________

OMG! This hit 3,000 reads! Holy crud! Needless to say, I'm freaking out a little bit. I can't believe this story is almost over :/ ! Thank you guys so much for reading this! I know the last chapter was a bit of a filler, but hopefully this makes up for it at least a little. Have 770 words!

Pasar Bien, My Undefined Felines,

__--Neko--_