Chapter 16 - Begin Again

(Your POV)

I glanced at Tavros, eyeing his nervous yet curious expression. I looked away, at the ocean, at the small shells dotting the beach, at anything but him. As the time after his question grew longer, and his expression all the more apprehensive, I turned to him and sighed. 

"No, but one thing I've learned in life is that when one story ends, it leaves room for another to begin again."

He seemed a little let down, but smiled at me nonetheless. Then he replied, in a tone that was barely audible, "Did you miss me, even only a little?"

I was surprised that he had to ask. "Of course I did." Then, to ease his seemingly unsatisfied gaze, I added, "There wasn't a day that I didn't miss you."

He accepted my response with a somber nod of his head, but his thoughts seemed to be a thousand miles away.

There was a long silence before he spoke. "I missed you more than anything I've ever missed. Do you know that feeling? The feeling of sadness that someone is so far away and it has been a long time since they were close?"

I opened my mouth to reply, but he continued on. "Ever since you left, I've been a little lonely. Sometimes I would walk along the beach, and that would help, but it was still never quite the same."

 I could see tears gather in his eyes, and I felt helpless. I wrapped an arm around him and pulled him into an awkward hug.

He took a deep breath. "Honestly, the moment I watched you leave, everything fell apart." He was crying now. "It took me a while to realize why, after the doctors that thought I had mental disorders, after many sleepless nights." I was at a loss for words.

All I could muster to say was, "But why would you care so much about me?"

He sat up, then, and looked me square in the eyes. "Why do you think?"

"Because... we were close childhood friends?"

A/N: *cough cough* oblivious *cough cough*

He seemed to be reading my expression. Then, out of nowhere, he said, "Because, (n/n), I love you."

That was when he kissed me.

_________________________________________

OMG THE FEELINGS. I'M DYING. Anyways, sorry for not updating a day or two sooner. I wanted to make sure this was the best it could be for you guys. I know, it's short, but I hope I left a decent enough cliffhanger for you to keep on reading when the next chapter comes out. Out of curiosity, how many of you have 'the FEELS'? Yes, that means you, The_Half-Deaf_Geek. I know I do. Let me know what you think down in the comments, and, as always, please vote and share if you feel up to it!

Prendre Plaisir, My Undefined Felines,

__--Neko--__