Chapter 17 - Talk (Part 1)

(Same Time, Your POV)

Okay, when I said that I was surprised when he kissed me, I lied.

Surprise was't the right word.

It was more like...

I remembered something.

It wasn't like in those cheesy sci-fi movies when someone has a vision and saves the entire human race.

I remembered the feeling I had before life, and a few states, got in the way.

Whoever uses the saying "too young to love" is definitely had no idea what they're talking about.

Well, we might as well give them something to talk about. The_Half-Deaf_Geek #TalkingToYou

Before I knew it I was kissing him back, and my arms found their way around his neck.

(Le Time Skip Brought to You by This Scene Has Been Going on For Like Three Chapters)

The moment had been suddenly ruined by the intrusion of clouds, then, eventually, rain. We walked back to Tavros' house soaked, but something told me we'd be just fine. We talked and laughed, just like before.

But something was bothering me. No matter how hard I tried to think about it, or how far I pushed it out of my mind, it kept nagging at me.

Tavros had asked me if I remembered what I said when we were younger.

What was it that I had said?

The thought came to me that I could ask him, but it wasn't that simple. Besides, this was such a perfect moment, and I didn't want to ruin it.

As we stepped into the house, I was suddenly aware of how cold my clothes were making me. I carefully made my way to the guest room to change. I dried my hair and then changed into sweat pants and and an over-sized (f/c) tee, knowing that Tavros wasn't the judgmental type.

They're all gonna say

what they wanna say 

anyway

Might as well give them somethin'

might as well give them somethin' 

to talk about 

I don't really care

if they wanna stare

Look at me

Might as well give them somethin'

might as well give them somethin'

to talk about 

I sang the lyrics over and over, then made my way to the living room where Tavros was waiting. He smiled at me, and for the first time I realized how much that smile really meant to me. I smiled back.

"You should sing more often," he stated simply.

I blushed. "I'm not that good."

He looked appalled as I sat down next to him on the couch. "Yes, you are."

I laughed a little. "If you say so."

I still couldn't stop thinking about whatever it was that I had said when I was younger. 

Tavros leaned in a little, and then-

"Hey guys- woah, I leave for five minutes..."

"Ah!" I nearly fell off of the couch in shock.

"Hey, John." Tavros sounded almost sarcastic. That wasn't really like him, but I shrugged it off.

John moved from his spot in the doorway and into the living room. "So, what'd I miss?"

I looked at Tavros, then at John, and back at Tavros.

Tavros made an awkward coughing noise and suddenly seemed to be very interested in the floor.

"Fine then, don't tell me." John laughed.

The conversation slowly got less awkward the farther we got from that topic.

Well, until a loud crashing sound came from somewhere in the back of the house.