Chapter 15 - Beautiful

(Your POV)

I woke up the next morning to find my sheets jumbled on the floor. I had another strange dream the night before, but I couldn't remember what it was about. As always.

I picked up my sheets and rearranged them neatly on the bed, then began preparing for the day. After I took care of all of my sanitary needs, I got dressed in loose blue jean shorts and a grey tee shirt.

As I made my way into the kitchen, I was slightly disappointed to find Tavros not there. Upon further investigation, I found a small note on the island.

i HAVE TO RUN, A FEW ERRANDS, BUT i'LL BE BACK SOON. hELP YOURSELF, TO ANYTHING YOU WANT IN THE KITCHEN.

-tAVROS }:)

I grinned. Searching through the cabinets, I decided on simply eating some toast with (favorite flavor) jam.

After I ate, I decided to look around the house. I had only been there a couple of days, but it already felt like home. I sighed, knowing it would be hard to leave this place. I decided not to think about it since it wasn't really soon.

I found myself back in Tavros' room. It was simple, with a bed in one corner, a writing desk with a computer, and a shelf with pictures. I walked up to the shelf. One picture was of a young Tavros and... Rufioh? I'd never actually seen Rufioh before, but he was fairly easy to describe and fairly hard to miss.

Another picture was of Tavros and I building a sand castle at the beach. That one made me smile as I recalled that small fragment of my childhood.

I was startled when I was greeted by a friendly, "Hi," from behind me.

"Oh, hey," I said. "Sorry for coming in here, I just-"

"It's okay." He smiled sweetly, "I'm glad you're getting to know more about me."

I grinned back. "Yeah." Then, I added, "I haven't been to the beach in forever." He already knew that, but it felt like I was telling him a big secret.

(Tavros' POV)

  "I haven't been to the beach in forever." 

I smiled, even though the thought of taking her back there made me nervous. What if she doesn't remember?

I sighed, and figured it was worth the risk, no matter how big that risk was. 

"Do you want to go?"

She grinned a beautiful smile that made gave me goosebumps. "Yes!" She rushed out the door to my room before I could even say another word.

A flood of memories came rushing back to me, and it was hard to believe that after all of these years, she was finally home.

I jogged after her, out of the front door and a ways down the street.

"Wait up."

She grinned. "I still remember how to get there." Then she took off, and left me to either follow suit or eat her dust. Of course, I ran after her, all the way down the street, down a few more streets, and to the beach.  I think we were probably both out of breath. 

As I sat down on the shore, she said, "Not a lot has changed around here."

I shook my head as she sat beside me. "Everything changed when you left."

That was followed by silence, and I could hear the subtle sound of waves in the distance. It was a hot day, even for Texas, but I didn't mind. At that moment, everything felt so right that I couldn't help but ask:

"Do you remember what you said to me that day on the beach, right before you left?"

_______________________________________

I'm so evil >:D ! But, congrats, I updated. Twice in one week! This may have been the longest chapter I've written on this story, and it was supposed to be two chapters but I liked it better as one. I received so many comments that I decided to update. I  also felt the need to do so since The_Half-Deaf_Geek is sick, so here's a shout out to her: I hope you gets better soon, and I miss you! Have almost 700 words!!!

Enjoy, My Undefined Felines,

__--Neko--__