Chapter 9- A Sky Full of Stars

As I stepped out of Tavros' red truck into the open evening air, I let my eyes drift across the road, into the vast cornfield behind me and to the small grey house with the red brick mailbox labeled Nitram.

"I see you haven't moved."

Answering my unstated question, Tavros replied, "My parents decided a couple years ago to rent a house in the suburban area of West, Texas. I stayed."

"The last time I came inside I was probably around six."

"Well, nothing really changed all that much, other than the mirror in the front hallway that doesn't really exist anymore..." I didn't ask. "Think you can find your own way around?"

"I think I can try," I replied.

He grinned, stepping up to the front door and unlocking it, then allowing me inside.

(Le time skip brought to you by Karkat running from Nepeta)

I sat in the guest bed, facing the sky full of stars out of the window. I had peeled back the sheer white curtain and a sliver of light seemed to slice the bed in two.

I picked a random star and made a wish.

I wish that one day I will look back on my life and remember all the good things that came from bad beginnings.

As I opened my eyes, the star seemed to shine a little brighter.

Next thing I knew, I stood up and walked out of the room.

I found myself in the doorway to Tavros' room.

He appeared to be asleep, but after a moment, he opened his eyes and said, "Hey."

"Hey. Sorry if I woke you up."

"You didn't. I couldn't sleep anyway. It's normal." The last part seemed a bit of an afterthought.

"Oh."

"How was... the plane?"

"It was good, I guess. I guess you can see the sun better from the top of the world."

Tavros closed his eyes, but asked me another question.

"What was it like?"

"Less distant... Almost like I could reach out and hold it."

I then realized that he wasn't really listening to what I was saying. He was just listening to the sound of my voice. I kept talking. "The clouds kind of obscured it, though, and made it a little mysterious."

It seemed like just speaking was helping him somehow. He nodded for me to keep going.

"It kind of reminded me of new beginnings. How when one story ends, it leaves room for another to begin again..."

At one point I realized that he had fallen asleep.

That's it. I was helping him fall asleep. Just like a little kid.

I smiled.   

Some things never do change.

----------------------------------------

Finally! I updated. It's kind of long, which is good. Sorry. it took so long to write though. There's a lot of crap going on in the real world and sometimes it's just hard to get to a computer and just... write.

Anyway, I've had a giant dip in reads. We went all the way up to 60 and then back down to 8 again. :( What heppened?

Remember, please comment your opinion (but don't wear the h8er shades)

If you want, you can even vote and follow. 

Enjoy, my Undefined Felines!

__--Neko--__