Chapter 5- Everything Has Changed

I woke up to the slight jolting of the train coming to a stop. I checked the time.

4:26 P.M.

I checked the overhead light displaying the town.

Vicksburg, Mississippi

I gathered up my stuff, dragged my suitcase off of the train, and was suddenly aware of a strange feeling of deija-vu. I shrugged it off.

I exited the train station and waved down a taxi. 

I got in the back seat. "Vicksburg City Airport, please."

(Le time skip bc nobody wants to read about a taxi)

I sat in the waiting area of the airport, completely bored because my phone was broken and all of my books were eBooks.

My (f/c) (sneakers brand) had somehow set off the metal detectors and I was afraid I would miss my flight, but now I still had 40 minutes before I even got on the plane. Go figure.

My eyes were set on a man, not much older than me, in a red business suit that was taking 190 miles an hour into a cheap flip phone, whose grammar, from what I could tell, sounded like a cross between old English and older English. I didn't know a person could say so much at once. I wondered if the person on the other end of the line had said two words during their conversation.

My stomach growled. I looked around at the chain of restaurants.

I settled on a cheap burger restaurant and ordered a BLT.

When I got back, they had already started boarding. I grabbed my stuff and proceeded toward the entrance to the plane. I let out a deep breath.

What if everything has changed since the last time I was there?

----------

Congratulations, 2.5 chapters in one day! I hope that makes up for my lack of updating in the last few months. Did you notice Kankri? I tried to make it obvious.

Enjoy, my Undefined Felines!

__--Neko--__