Chapter 8- See You Again

(Your POV, Present Day)

I sat for a while in baggage claim before I spotted my black suitcase with the tag marked (l/n).

With much effort, I heaved the suitcase onto the floor and proceeded toward the airport lobby. 

Stay cool. Be calm.

Those were two things that were easier thought than done.

I knew it was him as soon as I saw him. He was wearing faded blue jeans and a (f/c) shirt.

A/n: Aww, he remembered

He smiled warmly and stood up as soon as he saw me.

I was expecting to give him a hand shake.

Or wave.

Or do anything remotely normal.

But no.

I dropped my suitcase, ran over to him, and hugged him.

Scratch that. I embraced him.

I barely heard him say, "It's great to see you again," as he hugged me back.

I mumbled into his shirt, "It's great to see you too."

In that moment, everything was perfect.

-------------------------------------------

<3!

Am I the only one that just mentally made a strange fangirl noise? I don't even know what to call it. I know, the chapter is short, but it's sweet and honestly I LOVE THIS CHAPTER! But guess what? It's not over!

------------------------------------------- 

(Le time skip brought to you by Nepeta approving)

The drive back was... less perfect. Neither of us really said anything and there was an awkward silence... until See You Again came on the radio.

I didn't realize that I was singing along until Tavros said, "You have a pretty voice."

I blushed and looked out the window. A giant tree clawed it's way into the sky, which was flushed with pink. I smiled.

It reminded me of when I used to climb out of my window and into a tree next to my house and stay there until I couldn't count the stars on both hands.

I sighed. "Did I miss anything important while I was gone?"

I blushed again when he replied, "I think everything important left with you."

I laughed. "You're overestimating my value to the neighborhood."

If I could hear thoughts, I would have heard him say, Maybe so, but I'm not overestimating your value to me.

In that moment, I let life be imperfect.

-----------------------------

There! Surprise long(er) chapter! Congratulations!

OMG! Extreme fangirl attack! This chapter is so cute, and it was really fun to write!

My gift to you, my Undefined Felines! Have roughly 400 words!

__--Neko--__