Chapter 16

"Dan please!"

"Y/N no, I know you like him but what he did was way over the line. I can't just forgive and forget something like this," Dan yelled giving you a sympathetic but angry stare.

It was now late at night and you and Dan had been arguing for what felt like hours. Mark sat on the sofa with his head in his hands, eyes fearfully trained on Jack who stood at the door with his shoes and coat still on. Felix hadn't returned home yet and Phil was frantically trying to calm Dan down.

"Dan look, Y/N definitely made a mistake by bringing him here without telling us but -" You interjected Phil's comment.

"Really? You too?"

"Y/N wait, thats' not what I meant. I-I just understand that you mean the best but you should have at least consulted us first," Phil spoke gently, one of his hands pressed on the centre of Dan's chest to calm him.

"Consulted you about one of our best friends and members of this household coming home?" You yelled, gesturing at the Irishman.

Jack looked small and broken as he stood on the doormat, green hair fraying and wilted and blue eyes dull.

You were about to start arguing again when Jack spoke, his voice quite and depressed, "I-I can just stay at a hotel or a frie- umm... whatever it's fine. I'll figure something out."

"Wait Jack," You stretched your arm out towards him making him pause, back turned towards you.

"This is your home, I won't let you be driven out of it," You glanced at the group around you, "Jack is staying, that's final."

"This is ridiculous," Dan stormed away down the hall towards his room in fury. 

Phil glanced at you and opened his mouth to say something but quickly closed it and chased after Dan.

"Y/N..." Mark stood and looked down at you before glancing at Jack then quickly heading for his room.

"Are you sure this is the right thing to do?" Jack walked over to you hesitantly, his footprints echoing through the now eerily quiet house.

You stared into his usually bright blue eyes, "Yes. Things will be difficult and awkward for a little bit but they'll forgive you. They all love you, things will get better."

Gently cupping his cheek in your hand, your fingers played with the ends of his hair.

You sighed and looked down the hall to your left to see all of the doors closed, "Let's just go to sleep."

Morning came too quickly as your alarm clock jarred you awake. Jack's green hair tickled your shoulder as he slept through the noise beside you. 

Running your fingers along his jaw you felt his begin to stir, "Come on Jackaboy, time to get up."

You stood as he grumbled and turned over in your bed, "I'm going to go get breakfast started, you'd better be up by the time I'm done."

Leaving the room you walked to towards the kitchen and was shocked to see the boys already awake and eating.

"Good morning Y/N," Phil smiled, a beacon of warmth in the heavy atmosphere.

"Um, good morning. What are you guys doing up?"

Dan looked up from his phone and glared, "We're getting ready for school so we can leave before Jack get's up."

His words hit you like a sucker punch to the chest, making you wince. As if on cue a sleepy Jack wandered out of your room still wearing his pyjamas. You smiled instinctively as he rubbed one of his eyes with the back of his hand.

Dan stood up from the table with a loud crash, "Sorry to ruin your fantasy your highness but things are no where near okay. I'll see you two at school, hopefully not Jack though."

He grabbed his bag off the back of his chair and stormed towards the door, only pausing to let Phil catch up. Jack headed to the table his now common sullen look back on his face. 

As the Irishman noticed Mark he reached a gentle hand out towards him, "Hey Mark can I talk-"

Mark violently flinched away, eyes staring up at Jack wild with fear, "Don't hurt me!"

Jack's mouth dropped open and a tear fell from one of his blue eyes. In a hurried panic Mark snatched his bag and phone and tore after Dan and Phil. The green haired man's arm was still outstretched you would have feared he was frozen in shock if it weren't for the tears rushing down his face.

"Jack-" You reached for him but he pulled away.

"It's fine. I don't deserve to be forgiven. Just... go to school," He turned and walked down the hall turning into his room.

The sound of his door locking broke the eerie silence of the room as you felt your heart rip itself to shreds.

Your kingdom has fallen and was about to burn. How could you possible save it now?