Chapter 5

A/N: Mini shout out to minksandsticks for making me this beautiful cover. ❤️❤️ Thank you so much!!

Felix's words echoed through your mind, he was rarely this serious. You shook your head, trying to shake away the stress inducing thoughts.

You gave a light knock on Jack's door and got no answer. Realizing that he was probably gaming, since he had already finished his recordings for the day, you opened the door.

Jack sat slouched on his bed, messy green hair tucked into a beanie, and his laptop perched on his lap. You quietly walked around the side of his bed and crawled up beside him. You curled your body against the side of his, and nuzzled your head against his shoulder. He smiled slightly as you began intently watching his game.

He was playing Rocket League, and his team was currently winning, with him as MVP. His headphones and microphone were on but there was no camera out so you assumed he was just playing for fun with friends.

"Who are you playing with?" You asked, your voice muffled by Jack's shoulder.

"Bob, Wade, and a random player who isn't in the call," As Jack said this a smile stretched across his face, "No, I'm not talking to you doofs. I'm talking to (Y/N)," Jack paused before looking at you with a cheeky grin, "They want you to play, they think that you're going to be better than me."

You nodded your head in excitement and Jack lifted his computer awkwardly as if offering you a seat in his lap. After slight contemplation you slowly sat down in his lap, feeling your cheeks heat up. The awkward tension in the room was high enough to taste as he set the computer back down and unplugged the headphones so both of you could hear.

"Top o' the mornin' to ya laddies!" You exclaimed, earning a rewarding laugh from both Bob and Wade.

Jack shook his head and laughed in embarrassment. The game started and you made your car charge forward towards the ball. It somehow managed to fly up behind you and go straight into your goal.

"Shit, sorry you guys." You yelled.

You heard Wade laugh as Bob spoke up, "Are you sure Jack still isn't playing?"

"Hey, I'm a much better player than that!" Jack exclaimed, making you pout at him over your shoulder.

You stared into his crystal blue eyes and let a small smile spread across your face.

You and Jack were jolted back to the present when Bob cleared his voice, "Guys, you've been staring at each other for almost a full minute now. The game is over."

Your eyes widened and snapped back to the screen, "Ah! Crap sorry, he um... I thought he had something on his face."

Jack muffled his laugh by nuzzling his face into your back making you squeal in shock and arch your back away from him.

"Well we should go and give you two some time I think. What do you think Wade?" Bob said, voice thick with amusement.

"I ship them so much!" Wade yelled.

"No, no. I think you have it-" You started.

"Guys stop making out and get out of there!" Felix's voice erupted through the bedroom door.

"Felix!" You exclaimed, feeling yourself blush yet again.

"Okay, we gotta go," You said.

Jack closed the computer and set it beside you after saying goodbye to Bob and Wade.

You tried to stand up but Jack's arms around your waist held you back, "Umm, Jack? Can you let go? We have to go."

Jack dropped his arms and stood quickly, leaving the room. The sadness on his face was obvious and he let the door slam behind him.

You lay your head back onto his pillow and mumbled, "What the hell just happened?"

Do I like him like that? What happens if he's just being overly friendly?

A/N: *throws hands in the air* Don't hate me! Romance with Jack will come soon enough, I promise.