e i g h t

Olivia's POV
It's only been about two weeks now, since me and Elliot split. I haven't been able to work. I've just sat around, being upset. I mean I have a very good reason too, 6 years. 6 great years, and all of it gone with the blink of my eyes. Elliot decided to do what was best for him and his family. I truly understand, but something inside of me says that, it's not.

After I got done laying in bed thinking, I got up for coffee. I turned on the coffee for it to get brewing. While I waited I started doing the pile of dishes I had left in the sink. One by one the stack got smaller until, I was on the last cup. I began drying them, when my coffee went off. I sat down the towl and grabbed my favorite mug that said, Good Morning Sunshine. As the hot steaming coffee poured out, Someone knocked at my door. I look up at the microwave to see the time, 10:46 am. I thought it was little strange for someone to be here that early. So I slowly walked over to the door and peeked through the hole to see the person. There he was, Brian Cassidy.

"What?! Why is he here? Should I let him in? He already knows I'm here. Shit I guess I kinda have to." I thought to myself while leaning against the door

As I opened the door Brian looked at me with a smile.

"Hey Liv. How's it going?"

"Oh good I guess. What about you."

"Great actually now that I'm here. Can I come in?" He asked

"S-Sure." I opened the door the rest of the way to let him in, then shut it again behind him.

Brian looked around at the, take out boxes everywhere, clothes on the floor, dishes all over the coffee table.

"Sorry. I haven't had a chance to clean yet."

"It's okay. My place has looked worse." Brian, chuckled.

"So what are you doing here?" I questioned

"Well after I heard about you and Elliot I decided to come by and make sure that you were okay."

"Yeah. Yeah I'm all good actually."

"That's great to hear Liv. But I do have something else to tell you."

"Hmm? What is it?"

"Ever since I got transferred all I could think about is you. I miss you. And I know I've messed up in the past but I was hoping that maybe, you could give me a second chance."

He was referring to our past relationship. I broke it off last time. Because he started becoming obsessive over every little thing I did. He started scaring me so I ended it.

I didn't know really how to respond. I didn't know if I still had feelings for him or not. Inside I felt confused, but I couldn't tell why. It was almost like a choosing feeling. But I wasn't choosing between people. I was at a point that I didn't want to be alone anymore so I decided to tell him,

"Yeah. I think I could. But things really need to be different this time, okay?"

"Yeah I hear ya." He walked over to me, and pulled me into a hug

"So Do you still love me?"

Love. It was an extremely big word with a lot of meaning. I didn't know if I Loved him or not. But I couldn't just tell him that.

"Do you?" He asked again

"Of course."

Elliot's POV
I watched as Dani brought out the suspect we had been interrogating for the last six hours. We had finally got him to confess to a triple rape and murder.

We were both so tired and needed sleep. Kathy and I still aren't great, and I don't think it's going to get any better. It's been getting to the point where I just don't want to go home. But I have to, for the kids. So I finished up the paperwork I had left and grabbed my coat and keys and started out the door. Before I had the chance to get in the elevator, I felt a tap on my shoulder. As I turned around I could slowly turned I could see Dani standing there.

"Hey sorry to bother you, but I needed those reports today. Do you have them."

"Shit! There at home, I left them on the table before I left. I'm sorry Dani." I was generally upset with myself because I promised her I would get them back to her and I forgot.

"Oh it's fine. I guess I'll just have to stay extra tonight and re-type them." She said with a fake laugh

"You sure, they were like 12 pages? I could just run home you know."

"No it's fine Elliot I know you didn't mean too." She said walking away "Have a good night"

"You too" I shouted back

I had learned a lot about Dani these past weeks.  She really forgiving, she's so intimidating, and has some really good strength. I was actually starting to get used to her, in such a small amount of time. Liv hadn't crossed my mind more the three times in the past two weeks. Honestly I still felt a weight on my shoulders. But Dani was sort of helping me with it.

A/N~ Hey! Brian?!? I know it's a little weird and all but trust me it'll be good. I hope you guys liked this chapter. I've been sort of rushing them. But for now on I'm going to focus on the quality of them not how fast I get them out. Thank you for reading my story though. baiiiii