3. Chloe is a Little Turd

Começar do início

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw her upturn her nose with a, "Humph!" before going back down the stairs.

Fuko was gasping for air she had been laughing so hard, "Félix!!!" she gasped, "That was amazing!! Do it again!"

"Now now Fuko," I shook my head. "We've got to go to work," I told her while opening the door to the library.

"Félix wait!" Fuko pulled on my hair. "It's him!"

"Ow! Hey Fuko!" I complained, then I looked. Down in the courtyard was Adrien. I leaned on the railings looking down at the activity. Plenty of people were bustling about, talking to friends. The really diligent students were going inside their classrooms.

I remembered when I went to school with my brother Adrien. He had always been the more social one out of the two of us. I mean, we were both introverts, but he had always been the adventurous one, getting the two of us into trouble all the time. He always made fun of me for wanting to sit in the classroom ahead of time. I made fun of him for plenty of other stuff too.

A dark skinned boy wearing blue cheerily greeted Adrien down in the courtyard. The two exchanged fist bumps and headed to class. Clearly they were best friends.

"Félix, you are hopeless," Fuko teased me, "You've been looking at Chat Noir videos for the past two days now and observing him from a distance! Is it really that hard to become friends with someone?"

"He has my twin's name Fuko," I turned my back to Adrien so that I was leaning on the railing, "What do you want from me?"

Fuko tilted her head, "If his name is the problem, then why don't you just invent a nickname for him?" Fuko asked. "Honestly, you shouldn't let something as trivial as a name keep you from making friends."

"He's also younger than me," I scoffed, "and I don't exactly know how to reach out to anyone. I always had a best friend I could count on."

"But Félix, he's-,"

"You don't have to say it!" I snapped, "Believe me! I'm reminded every time I look in the stupid mirror!" I muttered bitterly.

Fuko flattened her ears sadly and perched on my shoulders silently. She might be annoying, but at least she was smart enough not to poke the subject.

I walked into the library and went to drop off my bag. Mme Dubois seemed to be getting stuff ready for the day.

"Good morning Félix!" She greeted me.

I gave her a nod in response.

"Here," she walked in my direction with another packet of papers, "This is for Mon Damocles."

"He sure gets a lot of papers," I commented accepting the packet.

Mme Dubois smiled warmly, "Well he is the principal. Afterwards I've got a fun assignment for you!"

I raised an eyebrow skeptically. A "fun" assignment? Um... I wasn't quite sure whether I should dread the so called assignment, or look forward to it. I once had a math teacher that called the hardest problems the "fun" ones. Oh yes. Fun indeed. Any idiot would start bashing their heads on the table after five minutes.

Luckily, I was good at everything, so that was never an issue. However, I did feel sorry for the rest who were less gifted...

"Time to visit his beard-ness," I sighed exiting the library.

I was about to knock on Mon Damocles' door, when a girl burst out of it and ran out of the school.

Mon Damocles saw me and beckoned for me to come in. "Ah yes! Félix!"