Breaking The News.

*Cookie Has Something To Tell Lucious, But She's Afraid.*

3rd Person POV

Another day, another hesitation. Cookie has been worried about telling lucious something, but she doesn't know how to say it. She doesn't think that he would be happy, and it could in fact make him mad. She tried to keep it a secret, but that wasn't easy. Shes asked her friends what she should do, but they all said thing along the lines of: "no cookie, you can't hide that forever. Tell him.", or "why would you hide something like that. It's no secret."

Cookie has been having moments where she felt like she would walk right up to him and say it, but she knows it won't go as planned. Everytime she has the courage to say something, another thing will happen that will make her withdraw.
She has always been brave, but now that Lucious and her have changed so much as adults, she thinks it's harder to tell him certain things.

Everyone else can do it, why can't she? She hasn't told anyone else in the family. What she had to say could start a war between her and lucuous, and that's the last things she needs since they relapsed not to long ago. She could mess everything up. This family doesn't keep secrets, but this was something that she couldn't bare to have the strength to tell him about. Or ANYONE in the family for that matter. She knew that she had to be strong, but she just coudlnt do it.

She figured that today would be the perfect day to say something, After hiding the secret for 16 weeks. She didn't really have the urge, but she knew that it would be for the best. Especially if she keeps lucious in a good mood.

She slowly trudged out of her bed, and got onto her shower. She stared at the wall the entire time, and practiced how she would tell lucious what she's been hiding. She got dressed, and headed to empire.

She walked through the large doors and slid her keycard into the scanner. As she walked through the main hall, Andre walked up to her. "Hey ma, why are you getting here so late?" he asked, leaning in to kiss his mothers cheek. She let out an awkward smile. "Oh nothing..I just wasn't feeling all that good this morning. Your father decided to leave for work without waking me up.." cookie said. Andre nodded, and they walked together. "You have got to hear the ending jamal put on his new song. It's great, you'll love it.." andre said. Cookie smiled and nodded. "Uh, baby where's your father?" she asked searching around with get eyes for him. "Oh, we have a press meeting today. Dad is introducing the new empire merchandise." andre informed her. "Oh..great..." cookie replied, showing a half smile. "There's also an after party we're having for the release.." Andre added. "Oh...okay...sounds fun.." cookie said. "Mom are you okay?" Andre asked. She nodded and raised an eyebrow. "I'm fine boy..." she chuckled. They walked into the open press meeting, and she saw lucious standing in stage speaking. He smiled once he saw cookie and she smiled back. "The empire merchandise is now underway." he said into the microphone. Everyone started to clap and applaud, and cookie did too. She them let out a sigh, and she felt her heart beating nervously once again.

Lucious came off of stage, and attached his lips onto his lovers. "Hey baby, you seemed tired this morning. I didn't want to wake you.." he told her. She just smiled and grabbed his hand. "It's alright. I wasn't feeling well but I'm better now.." she told him. "We're having an after party for this. The security are setting it up now.." he told her.

About 30 minutes later, cookie still didn't tell lucious anything. She's been trying to act calm and collected when secretly inside she was breaking down in nervousness. The party was just starting, and They walked into the party room near Lucious office. They greeted everyone, and made their way over to a bar. Cookie watched lucious as he drank, and removed her gaze and looked around the room. The room was golden, and decorated with matching columns. Everyone laughed and danced and Jamal and Harlem were up to stage singing their song together. They were all having fun. Lucious stared at cookie, confused. "Cooks, what's wrong?" he asked her. She quickly shook her head. "Oh..n-nothing. It's nothing lucious.." she said shaking her head. She let out a sigh and smiled, looking into his eyes. "Baby, I know when there's something bothering you. Tell me what's wrong.." he told her. She shook here head, and grabbed his hand. "It's nothing...now come on...let's go dance Mr. Lyon.." she said to him. He looked at her for a second, examining her. He then smiled and chuckled. "Lead the way, Mrs. Lyon.." he told her as they made their way to the dance floor.

They danced for about an hour, singing along to Jamal and hakeems songs as well. Andre and Rhonda danced as well, and also sang along. Cookie stopped her dancing, and she panted. "Cookie are you alright?" lucious asked her. "Yeah I'm good..I'm just tired.." she told him. "Baby we're dancing slowly.." lucious told her smiling. She looked into his eyes for a second, and took a deep breath. "Lucious...I'll be right back..het everyone together...there's something I need to tell you..." she said to him. His expression changed, and he cleared his throat. "Alright..." he cautiously said. Cookie brushed past him, and went into a quiet room nearby. She grabbed small black box out of her purse, and held it in front of the mirror. "Please let this go smoothly.." she told herself. She fixed herself up, and let out a breath. She gave herself ten seconds to really calm down, and she then walked back out to the party. Lucious started to gather everyone around once he saw her coming. "Everyone, cookie has something she wants to say.." lucious said. Everyone gathered around curiously, her sons concerned.

Cookie took a deep breath, and walked up to lucious. "Everyone...I have something to tell you all, but...I have to tell lucious first.." she said, slowly handing him the box. "You might want...to sit.." cookie told him. Lucious looked down at the box..and back at cookie. He slowly sat down, and he slowly started to take the ribbon off of the box. Cookie stood a distance away, her head down and her eyes closed. Lucious removed the ribbon, and opened the box. His facial expressions grew blank at what he saw. He grabbed the item, and tool it out of the box. Everyone gasped, except for him. He was met with a pregnancy test, that was positive. He stood up, and dropped the box halves onto the floor. His cubs eyes were wide open. Lucious was speechless. Cookie let out a breath from his silence. "Y-you're pregnant?" he asked, his facial expression softening. Cookie slightly looked up at him, and nodded. There was a long break of silence. "YES!" he shouted, catching everyone by surprise. Cookie snapped her head up. "You're pregnant?! I'm gonna have another cub?! Baby!" he shouted, running towards cookie. "Y-you're happy? Ah!" cookie shouted laughing once Lucious grabbed her and lifted her up, spinning her around. Of course I'm happy, girl are you kidding me?!" He shouted. Everyone shouted in joy, and applauded. Lucious put her down, and deeply kissed her. Cookie felt a breath of relief. "So..you're not mad?" she asked him. "Why would I be mad?! I'm happy!" he shouted hugging her again. "How long have you been keeping this for me?" he asked her. "16...weeks..." she stuttered. "Cookie! 16 weeks! Why didn't you tell me sooner? That's 4 months!" he said. "I didn't want you to get mad...or be unhappy." cookie said. Lucious shook his head, and kissed her lips. "Wait...16 weeks...that long enough to find out the....-look at the ribbon..." cookie said, looking into his eyes and slightly smiling. Lucious slowly turned around, and glared at it. He walled and picked it up, and held it up in front of everyone. "IT'S PINK! IT'S A GIRL EVERYBODY!" he shouted. Everyone shouted in joy once again, and clapped. Cookie smiled and Lucious picked her up again and spun her around. "I love you." he told her. "And I love you too.." lucious said, looking down at her stomach. Cookie smiled and kissed him. They then enjoyed the rest of the party together.

END.

I Hope You All Enjoyed!