Percy X Reader: Waiting

Your Pov

"Percy!" You shouted as you jogged towards him.

"(Y/n)! My fav girl in camp!" He said as he brought you into a hug, the one hug that made you feel safe.

"What ya doin?" You asked as you pulled away.

"Nothing really, just about to hang out with Jason and Leo, do you wanna join us?" He asked.

"Sure." You said as you smiled.

He intertwined his fingers with yours, smiling.
~~~

Leo whistled as you walked in.

"Lookin good (l/n)," he flirted as he winked.

You blushed and could feel Percy's grip tighten.

"Leo, you can't hit on Percy's girl." Jason said as he laughed.

"She's not my girl, I've told you this already," Percy said calmly.

You giggled a bit, noticing Percy's cheeks turning red.

"Come on, we're going now." Leo said as he walked towards the door.

"Where to, may I ask?" You questioned.

"The Carnival m'lady." He answered as he opened the door. "Ladies first."

You walked out, giggling. You turned around and looked at a frowning Percy.

"Come on," you said as you held out your hand.

He smiled and intertwined your fingers once again.

~~~

"I think I'm going to throw up." Percy said as you got off the ride.

"It wasn't even that fast." You stated as you tried to steady him.

"Can we get some cotton candy?!" You asked as you looked over at the cotton candy machine.

"Me and Leo will go get some for us, you guys wait here." Jason said as he walked off.

"So (y/n), having fun?" Percy asked, smiling down at you.

"A lot." You said, grinning.

You looked up and saw fireworks.

"I wish I could capture this beautiful view." You said, in awe at the sky.

"Me too." You looked over at Percy, who was looking at you.

He tucked a strand of your hair behind your ear. You could feel his breathing on your face.
He slowly leaned towards you, and you followed. Your lips were mere centimetres apart.

"We got th- oh, bad timing." You heard Jason's voice, and quickly stepped back.

"No, it's ok." You said awkwardly, catching a glance at Percy, who was scratching the back of his neck.

"Here." Jason held out a pink cloud of cotton candy. You shared with Percy, casually strolling behind Leo and Jason.

~~~

You were now way behind Leo and Jason, walking on the side of the road, hand in hand with your favourite person in the world.

"(Y/n), I need to tell you something." Percy stopped, as did you.

"What is it?" You asked.

"(Y/n), I-" you heard a car honking behind you, and before you knew it, everything went black.

All you could hear was Percy's voice, pleading for you to open your eyes, but you couldn't.

~~~

You woke up in a white room. You guessed it was some sort of hospital, since it didn't look anything like the infirmary at camp.

You scanned the room, and noticed someone sitting on one of the chairs. It was Percy, and he was sleeping.

You got up, taking caution.

You couldn't see any bandages on you. You lifted your hands a bit, laying your fingers on the bandage that wrapped around your head.

You winced, and quickly set your hands back down.

You sighed, walking towards Percy.

"Hey, Percy?" You said as you tapped his slumped shoulders.

"What is it (y/- (y/n)! You're awake?!" He quickly got up and hugged you.

You saw tears fall down his cheeks.

"Hey, look I'm okay?" You whispered as more tears rolled down his face.

"You were out for 8 days, 8 whole days, do you know how worried I was? I couldn't take it, seeing you so frail, so not you, I don't want anything like that ever happening again." He ranted, as his trembling fingers cherished your cheeks.

"I was out for that long? Holy," you said as you pulled away.

"How long have you been here?" You asked him, hoping it wasn't for too long.

"Since we came, I didn't want to leave you." He replied.

"Percy, you went back to camp a few times though, right?" You questioned.

He shook his head.

You placed your hands on his cheeks, wiping away his tears.

"You should have, 8 days is too long."

"No, if it meant staying with you the whole way through, than that's what it was gonna be." He put his hands over yours, bringing them down.

He tightened his grip, and sighed.

"I love you (y/n), I love you so much." He pulled you into another hug. You could hear his soft sobs.

He pulled away.

"I'm sorry, I should've done som-" you cut him off.

"No Percy, don't say sorry, this wasn't your fault."

You stepped closer to him, closing your eyes.

"And I love you too."

You opened your eyes, coming face to face with him.

He smiled.

"I've waited my whole life to hear that."
~~~

Ayy another update, hope you like it, and don't forget to vote!
-S