Octavian X Reader: Falling for you

(Y/N)'s Pov
You rushed yourself out the door, a heel in one hand, and the other on your left foot. Some of your hair was in your face and you couldn't see clearly, as you made your way down the stairs. Smart move.

Your legs were unbalanced and you twisted your left ankle as you fell freely.
You were ready to land on the ground, but instead, you landed on someone.
You looked up to see your best friend, Octavian.

"Oh gods, thank goodness you were here Octavian, I could've died." You said as you dramatically placed your arm over your head.

He chuckled and said, "Watch where your going (Y/N), I don't want my best friend to die."

He stood you up, but your left leg gave out and you almost fell again, but Octavian caught you.

"Now (Y/N), I don't think you're going to be able to walk with a broken ankle, let's take you to the infirmary." He frowned, as he carried you bridal style.

"Wait no, I wanted to go to the dance so badly, I don't wanna be stuck in the infirmary all day." You pouted as you crossed your arms.

"Ok, how about you go to the dance for an hour, and then I'll take you to the infirmary after. Ok?" He sighed as you uncrossed your arms.

"Ok sure. You're coming to the dance though, right?" You replied.

"Uhm, I have no one to go with, I guess I'll just wait for you outside." He said as he tossed you up, changing the positioning of his arms.

"Neither do I, you can come with me." You smiled as you lied.

You were actually going to go with a few of your girl friends, but they would understand you wanted to go with Octavian, after all, they knew you liked him a little, ok maybe a bit more than little, okay I lied, you liked him a lot.

"U-uh yeah, that would be great?" He said confused.

Maybe he didn't want to go with you, you thought.

"Oh, if you didn't want to go that's fine I-
No no, I'd love to go with you (Y/N), after all, we're just going as friends." He said, interrupting you.

Yeah, just friends.

"Oh you can put me down, I think I can walk." You said as he lowered you down.

As soon as you placed weight on your left foot, you winced.

Octavian picked you back up, while chuckling.

"(Y/N), I know you're strong and all, but trust me on this, you're not gonna be able to walk."
You gave in and let him carry you to the dance.

~~~

You guys were now at the dance, and an Ellie Goulding song was playing.

You asked Octavian to lower you once again, and he finally did after a lot of pouting.

"(Y/N), hold on to me though, I don't want you falling." He said as he steadied you.

You gripped your hands on his arms and he put his hands on your waist.

You could see a little pink on his cheeks and you smiled.

You let go of his arms stupidly, and fell towards him, but he caught you for like the hundredth time.

"Oh (Y/N), you keep falling for me." He smirked as he winked.

Your face felt warm, and you tried to cool down.

A slow song started playing, and you stared at Octavian.

He put his arms around your waist, and brought you close to him. You slung your arms around his neck, swaying to the melody.

"I usually never go to dances because they seem boring, but (Y/N), you lighten everything up. Thanks for bringing me here with you." He said as he pulled you closer.

"I didn't expect this dance to be much fun, but I think falling for you changed that." You smirked as he smiled lightly.

He leaned in towards you, and you did the same. His lips were merely brushing yours, and you almost kissed, when you accidentally shifted your weight to your left foot.

"Ow," you said as you fell backwards, but Octavian being a hero, caught you as his arms were around your waist.

You guys were in that cliche dance move, where the girl was being held by the boy.

"(Y/N) I think we should go to the infirmary now, you're falling to much."

You put your arms around his neck, ready for him to pick you up, but he didn't.

"I have to do this first though." He said smiling.

He leaned in and put his lips lightly on yours. He kissed them softly, and you returned the kiss. You could hear people around you clapping and whistling, as you smiled into the kiss.

He pulled away and picked you up, kissing your nose.

"I'm so grateful for your clumsiness (Y/N), none of this would've happened if you were watching where you were going. I like it when you fall for me." He smiled as he kissed your cheek.

"I'm grateful for my best friend to be standing outside my cabin- wait what were you doing outside my cabin anyways?" You asked curiously, thinking about earlier.

His face went blank, but was soon tinted with a light pink.

"I-I was gonna ask you to the dance, but I kind of chickened out and I guess you beat me to it." He said shyly.

"Oh, makes sense, I mean who wouldn't want to take this to the dance?" You giggled as you pointed to yourself.

"An idiot." Octavian replied as he smiled and kissed your forehead.

You buried your face into his chest and couldn't help but smile, a huge smile.

"Hey (Y/N), I forgot to ask you, will you be my girlfriend?" He asked.

You looked up at him and kissed his cheek.

"I would be an idiot to deny your request." You kissed him on the lips this time, and didn't realize where you were.

"Octavian, this isn't the infirmary, this is your room." You said as you looked around.

"I just need to get some supplies, I can fix your broken ankle, you won't need to go to the infirmary." He set you on his bed and went looking for the supplies.

Octavian was now not only your best friend, but your saviour and cute boyfriend.