In One Condition

______________________________

"What a wonderful day, Renu!", Nasima says dramatically looking at the sky.

I look at the sky to see what is so wonderful about it but I don't find anything special. I mean, it's a normal sunny day of March. 

"You look so happy today Nas," I say looking at her smiley pretty face, "would you like to tell me the reason?"

"Well, there's nothing. I just love today's weather."

Nasima is my best friend. I love her so much and I know her inside out. I also know that she's lying right now. Maybe some other people can get fooled by her excellent skill of lying but I'm her best friend and she can never fool me. 

We enter the school and start walking towards our class together.

"Well, if you don't want to tell me then I won't force you," I say while climbing the stairs, "but always remember that you can't hide anything from me. I'll know it sooner or later."

Nasima parts her lips to say something but shuts it as she realizes that she has nothing to say after it.

As soon as we enter the class we see-

"What did say! You bitch!" Debina shouts at a girl, pulling her hair.

"What a warm welcome," Nasima mutters from beside me.

It's not something new, it happens almost everyday. Debina has a really bad temper. She can't tolerate something wrong for a second. Especially when somebody makes fun of her short height. Debina is my another best friend. We have been friends since we were in first grade. She's really cute but at same time dangerous. When somebody makes fun of her or something related with her, she never thinks twice before beating up the person. But I still don't understand why people provoke her when they know about the consequences. Most of the time we find Debina fighting or arguing with other students of our class. It proves that people can never give up their bad habits no matter how you scare them (Exceptional cases are found too).

We go closer to the battle field to stop this cat fight. 

"What are you doing Debina?", I ask, standing right behind her.

Finally, she stops beating her and turns to us, "I was teaching her a lesson for insulting my friends,"

As I mentioned before- she fights for everything related with her. Even us. After all we're best friends, we always fight for each other.

"Say sorry to her, NOW!", Debina orders the girl.

The girl looks at me timidly. "Well, I'm....really..sorry Renuka," she apologizes. "And please tell her not to glare at me like that,"she says pointing at Debina.

I know this girl, I know that she's not a good person. It's not the first time when she insulted me; she did it many times before but I never did anything like Debina,  because I believe that you can't change someone's thinking about you by fighting or arguing with that person. Actually, it's really hard to change someone's thinking. It takes time, patience and of course, hard work. But I don't really care about her,  because it doesn't really matter what other people think about me; I only care what I think about myself. You may call me a narcissist  but I don't care about this too.