KILLING ME SOFTLY - Teenage Assassin - Chapter 19

Start from the beginning

Jackson insists on coming to see Marie with me. I think he wants to keep an eye on me and make sure that I don't go to see Gabriel. Whatever! I do what I want. I've given him the slip numerous times in the past. What makes him think he could really stop me if that was what I wanted?

Is that what I want? More than anything. I'm dying to see Gabriel with my own eyes. On the plane ride to Paris, I was practically jumping out of my seat. Will Simon and Jackson be pissed at me? Hell yeah, but I don't care.

The thought that Gabriel is scouring the globe for me has me dieing to know why.

I ask Jackson on the taxi ride over to Marie's home, "Why do you think he's looking for me?"

Jackson shrugs, "I don't know. There are so many possibilities. Maybe you left a shirt in his car and he wants to return it to you."

I hit him on the shoulder, "Be serious, Jackson. What do you REALLY think?"

He looks serious, "Annie, try to keep in mind that you killed his father."

"Believe me when I say that I haven't forgotten anything. He's constantly on my mind."

Jackson's expression turns sympathetic, "What if he wants to hurt you, Annie?"

I shake my head in denial, "He's not like that Jacks. He's everything that's good in the world. He loves me."

"Loved you," Jackson correct me. I shoot him a dirty look. "Remember what he said the last time you saw him, Annie."

I ignore Jackson and stare out the window. I have always loved Paris. Our father was from France and our mother was from the United States. Paris is where they met. I feel closer to them whenever I'm here. That song "Assassin" by John Mayer always reminds me of them. It kind of reminds me of me and Gabriel now too.

As soon as the taxi parks in front of Marie's home, I jump out, leaving Jackson to pay. I run up the steps in my excitement to see Marie. She's the closest thing to a mother that I've ever had. Of course, most mothers don't tutor you in all the ways to pleasure a man and how to use your femininity to snare in a man. But, perhaps they should.

Marie is old school, so her butler opens the door. Ralph, the butler recognizes me even though it's been months and my hair is a new color. "Miss Annabelle, Marie has been expecting you. Please wait in the formal living room and she will be down in a moment."

"Jackson's here too," I tell Ralph as I step past him into the foyer. Ralph has worked for Marie for years and is her most trusted confidant. He's now in his early fifties and conservative as can be. But, I have always known that if in a time of need, he can get down and dirty. He is a stocky man and still fit, despite now being middle-aged. He serves as both butler and bodyguard to Marie.

She's now retired from the Madam business, but at one time, she had over thirty girls working for her. From what Simon says, she often mothered all of them. An odd relationship, but it worked.

I don't know how serious her and Simon were. She had many lovers when she was younger, probably still does. Despite now being in her mid-forties, she is still beautiful and can pass for being in her late-thirties. Although they no longer see each other as lovers, her and Simon are close friends.

Before I even leave the foyer, Marie appears at the top of the stairs. I wait at the bottom of them while she descends and then engulfs me in a hug. "My sweet Annabelle, you have come to see me so quickly. I did not expect you for a couple more days." She's spoke English for years and even with her French accent, is easily to understand.

Jackson shuts the door behind him and Marie looks in that direction, "Jackson, you have also come to see me, huh?"

"Yes, Marie," Jackson says shyly. I think he's always had a bit of a crush on her. I don't know the extent of his "lessons" with her, but I know that they were more thorough than mine. I think she brought one of her girls in to teach him hands-on about making love. But he's my brother, so no way in hell am I ever asking him about it. Disgusting!